What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - Andy Armstrong
I am considering a 2.0i Ghia, the UK spec has lots of nice to have extras as standard. If I import it or buy it from Trade Sales (imported from Spain) can I expect it to have all of the bits that a 'UK Spec' car would have?
Anyone got any experience? (particularly with Fords)
Thanks
'First Time Importer'
Re: Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - Mark (Brazil)
Just a general question - are UK Specs normally higher than other European Specs ??
Re: Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - ian (cape town)
In fact, are there any UK cars available WITHOUT all the spec?
Something basic, with just a steering wheel, gearstick, speedo and light switch?
No aircon, electric windows, stereo, heated seat, nodding dog, ABS, traction control, fog lamps at the front, colour coded bumper, etc etc etc...
Re: Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - Matt
A general answer........... Yes
Re: Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - Andrew Barnes
Andy Armstrong wrote:
>
> I am considering a 2.0i Ghia, the UK spec has lots of nice to
> have extras as standard. If I import it or buy it from Trade
> Sales (imported from Spain) can I expect it to have all of
> the bits that a 'UK Spec' car would have?
> Anyone got any experience? (particularly with Fords)
> Thanks
> 'First Time Importer'

Generally the specs in europe are lower, so you have to add optional extras to bring it up to spec, whether or not trade sales do this I do not know. Try this Ford main dealer
www.fordbrugge.com/export.htm

Andrew
www.hispecgolfs.co.uk
Auction buyers - Stuart
Does anyone know anyone who buys cars for other people on commission at auction? Alternatively does anyone have experience of using one and if so what sort of money do they charge?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Re: Importing (again sorry) Ford Focuses - alan
Hi

i bought from Motorpoint of Derby The spec is identical to UK Big avings and a very good company to deal with The approacj ford for an extended warranty (main dealer) and you are as good as any UK car
alan