What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Omega Tyres - aliveankikin
I think its time to change the tyres on my Omega Elite.
235/45 x 17. I've previously used cheapo tyres & each time as the wear rate indicator starts to show the dreaded tramlining becomes more prominent until eventually its to dangerous to drive.
I've read all the threads but I can't see that anyone has found a satifactory tyre that is quite & does'nt tram, apart from the NCT 5's.
Anyone got any comments?
Omega Tyres - Hamsafar
Try a more Grand Touring/comfort type tyre with more rounded sidewalls.
eg. Pirelli P7, the new Goodyear Excellence.

www.pirellip7.com/
212.15.75.248/excellence/
Omega Tyres - Ruperts Trooper
If you fit cheap tyres, don't expect them to perform like good ones.

I don't imagine that GM/Vauxhall tested their flagship on anything less than top-line tyres.

I really don't understand why people buy an expensive car, albeit cheaper second-hand, and then fit cheap parts to it.
Sorry - when I say cheap I mean £120 each rather than £150 each. Now do you understand
Thanks for the reply & information on the P7 & Excellence. Have you any experience with either of these tyres. I must say, the Excellence looks more suited rather than the Yokohoma's & Bridgestone Ive been using, both of which I now feel are perhaps too sporty.
Omega Tyres - smokie
I understand that tramlining is virtually inevitable with low profile tyres but there is an adjustment to the camber or tow-in on the Omega which reduces the effect somewhat. I'm just about to get it done on the MV6... (uneven tyre wear)
Omega Tyres - tyrexpert
I agree that it sounds like you require a non directional touring tyre, and the Goodyear Excellence is the latest on the market. Unfortunately most tyres in this particular size tend to be of the more sporting variety. The list of non touring patterns are as follows with a guide price for your assistance. Avon ZV3 £96 Bridgestone RE050 £113 Continental Sport Contact 2 £114 Goodyear Excellence £100 Michelin Primacy/Pilot Sport2 £118 Pirelli P Zero Rosso £113 (P7 not yet made in this size) or the Dunlop SP2000 £98. All prices inc Vat valve and balance. Although you should also consider the Goodyear F1 GSD3, directional pattern I know, however it is quiet and quite simply the best gripping tyre I have ever driven . If you post your area I may be able to recommend a quality independent near to you...
Omega Tyres - Hamsafar
The Omega is heavy on front lower suspension arms.
These can cause the front wheels to be pulled to toe out by braking and worn roadways. If the arms are OK, there should be no shimmy on braking at any speed, and ridges in the road should feel well insulated. Once you're sure these and the tie rod ends are OK, you can have 4 wheel alignment done, and ask them to adjust the camber by undoing the two bolts on the bottom of the strut and rolling the car back and forth, it can then have the alignment done and one man can pull the wheel while the other tightens the bolts. Most places don't bother, but it makes the biggest difference to the tramlining problem.
Thanks to Smokie, Tyrexpert & Ishok for the replies. You've certainly given me some idea's to play with. Iv'e checked all the bushes, track rod end & wishbones, all seem ok. There is no shimmying on braking & even wear on all tyres apart from the inside front slightly. The sound of 4 wheel alignment, camber adjustment & new GY Excellence sounds good to me and is certainly a move in the right direction I think - Thanks guys - I'll let you know the results.

Just thinking about it, the police Omega's have their tracking so many degrees "toe in" to get a better balance & more even tyre wear. (the opposite to mine by the sound of it) Does anyone know how many degree's.
Omega Tyres - omegalen
TYREXPERT--I read your reply of 14th December re Omega tyres with interest. I have a severe tramlining problem with Goodyear Eagle F1`s on my Omega 2.6 CDX. At 7000 miles it`s getting worse. Size 225/55/16. Reading the chats the choice seems to be between Pirelli P6000 or Michelin Pilot Premacy or HXMXM. My local Meritts (S.Bucks)quote £104 fitted Pirelli, and £140 either Michelin. Obviously Pirellis look favourite. Please, what is your advice? Regards Omegalen
Honestly - try the Goodyear Excellence you'll never look back. Fantastic ride quality, good grip and fantastic in the rain & snow. Even more importantant - NO TRAMLINING.

Just like to say thanks to Smokie, Tyrexpert & Ishok Leyland for their advice, the suspension was checked & was Ok, it was all down to the tyres and I got them at £97 each (4 of) inc fitting & VAT

Also thanks to Honest John for this facility.

Happy New Year to you all
Ps I had the tracking set at 20 minutes toe in
Omega Tyres - tyrexpert
TYREXPERT--I read your reply of 14th December re Omega tyres with
interest. I have a severe tramlining problem with Goodyear Eagle F1`s
on my Omega 2.6 CDX. At 7000 miles it`s getting worse.
Size 225/55/16. Reading the chats the choice seems to be between
Pirelli P6000 or Michelin Pilot Premacy or HXMXM. My local Meritts
(S.Bucks)quote £104 fitted Pirelli, and £140 either Michelin. Obviously Pirellis look
favourite. Please, what is your advice? Regards Omegalen

Apologies for delay in replying. I have been away for a few days. My branch managers have informed me that we have had more than a few Omega owners with similar complaints as yourself. Though when checking with the tyre manufacturers none were aware of any specific problems with directional tyres as a fitment to these models. I would agree with other posts on this thread that the Excellence is getting very good customer feedback. The two brand variants you mention are now getting a bit long in the tooth so I would suggest you may consider the Pirelli P7 (£110) or the Michelin Primacy (£122). The Excellence price is around £110. I am not aware of the company you mention, but if you post your nearest town I may be able to reccommend a quality independent...