What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
AIRJACK 2000 - Pete
Seen recently on telle "Invention" type program. Anyone know if and when these are likely to be available to buy please ?
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Julian Lindley
Pete,

Saw one in Halfords today. Price approx £40.00, capacity 3 tons. It was in the section devoted to jacks and axle stands (surprisingly!)

Regards,

Julian.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Pete
Thanks for the information. Tele program gave the impression that they were not yet available in the shops. Will check local Halfords tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Alwyn
Airjack in the USA is $320.

See here

www.site2shop.com/shoptv/s10651.html
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - David W
I noticed them as well. Funny thing........... this has been on the market before, many years ago.

David
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Andy Bairsto
I have in my house in the UK an airjack it must be 20 years old and will lift upto 2 tons.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - RogerL
The original airjack had a pipe which connected to the car's exhaust and lifted very quickly. I still use mine as a jack for my caravan because unlike any other form of jack, it is less likely to sink into soft ground because of the large surface area.

I think it's a con, presenting it as a new invention when it is just an update of an existing idea.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Andy Bairsto
Exactly and I bet the old model the same as mine is better made,I too used it to lift my caravan ,my new van has jacks built in very similar to the 1952 Humber super snipe.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Honest John
There was a bag type jack widely promoted a few years ago. But the entrepreneur marketing it ran into difficulties over the supply of the special type of Chinese low pressure high volume air pump needed to inflate it and wound up having taken a lot of money for a product he found himself unable to supply. There would obviously be no such problem with an exhaust gas inflated bag jack, though the greatly increased back pressure could cause engine management system problems on a catalysed car.

HJ