What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Sweet justice - Big Bad Dave
I?ve often moaned on this forum about the dreadful standard of driving here, in particular the reckless overtaking on single lane country roads - the kind that makes you wish there was a plod lurking or better still, an oncoming bus.

Well it actually happened on Saturday afternoon as I was approaching Lodz. The traffic slowed up to as we came to an accident and what did I see as I passed but the idiot in a Vectra who had zoomed passed not two minutes ago. He had rear ended a car in front and his radiator, lights, grill and bumper were all over the road.

Then as luck would have it, not five minutes later we had to slow again to pass a much more serious accident. This time Idiot number two who had been desperate to get past me after the delay from the first accident had managed to come together heavily with two oncoming cars and a wall.

Fantastic I thought. Does it get better than this? Well it did as it happens. On my return journey, in exactly the same spot we were delayed by nearly an hour. When we finally passed it was a new shape Avensis and a C-class Merc that had hit head on and somehow involved an articulated lorry that one of them was probly overtaking. There was nothing at all left of the Avensis forward of the firewall and the Merc was in a similar condition but I was most surprised by the truck which had been completely devastated at the front, it?s wheels were pushed right back and it was leaning into a ditch. Clearly, nobody had walked away from that one and won?t be walking for many months.

I might have been able to summon just an ounce or two of sympathy or compassion if it hadn?t been snowing and below zero. It?s a shame I suppose, that innocent parties get involved in someone elses crass stupidity and reckless behaviour but no sooner had we passed the scene than they were all at it again. Dogs learn quicker than that.
Sweet justice - AngryJonny
One of the most terrifying experiences I ever had was in Poland in a taxi from Central Warsaw to Frederic Chopin Airport (I'm not going to go into the extent to which Chopin must be turning in his grave).

Anyway, basically we were screaming along in a Daewoo of some description in and out of lanes, tailgating to the extent that his bonnet seemed to be under lorry overhangs at times, and to add insult to injury we were listening to shocking 80s music. The driver didn't remotely match the description on his licence and when we got there he couldn't work out how to open the boot on (what was evidently not) his own car.

Of course, when the Polish goverment eventually crack down on this they will probably be accused of hating the motorist, milking them of fines and stealth taxes and so forth *wink*

----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
Sweet justice - bell boy
if everytime this has happened to me i wish they would end up in the ditch round the next bend we wouldnt have any ditches.glad to see someone got their just desert