What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Tyres for Honda Accord? - A. Badger
Any suggestions for new shoes for my 02 Reg Honda Accord 2 litre (in other words, the previous model)?

It came fitted with Bridgestone Potenzas, which are what I've fitted as replacements so far. But they don't seem to last particularly well, despite a lack of aggressive driving.

I was vaguely wondering about a switch to Goodyear but would appreciate the views of others.

Incidetntally, in case this has been asked before, I did try searching, but couldn't find anything.
Tyres for Honda Accord? - P 2501
Hello
I have the same car and i recently had new yokohama C-drives fitted and am very pleased with them.They were a little more expensive than the goodyears i was also offered, but i have had good experiences with yokohama in the past.

The yokohamas seem very quiet and generally seem to be regarded as a very good tyre.

Hope this helps.
Tyres for Honda Accord? - Dude - {P}

>>>>>But they don't seem to last particularly well, despite a lack of aggressive driving.>>>>>

What do you call not lasting particularly well, as I remember reading elsewhere that Accords will get through a set of tyres in 10k miles. !!!!
Tyres for Honda Accord? - A. Badger
Dude says: "I remember reading elsewhere that Accords will get through a set of tyres in 10k miles. !!!!"

That's about what I'm getting from Potenzas.

I popped in to see my local tyre dealer today (he supplied the replacement Bridgestones) and he wasn't impressed by the state of the latest pair - pretty worn and with some worrying (but minor, so far) splits and general nastiness on the outer edges.

He suggested Contis, but I had those from him on a previous FWD car and they wore pretty badly, too.

Thanks for the input to date. All thoughts gratefully received!
Tyres for Honda Accord? - jenjen
auto express did a big test of all the leading brands last week (or in the last few weeks i forget) VREDESTEIN came out best across the board balancing all requirements

done on a big test track somewhere
Tyres for Honda Accord? - tyro
As has been pointed out elsewhere in the Backroom, the Auto Express test did not include testing for tyre wear.
Tyres for Honda Accord? - Mikey Jay
I fitted Firestone F590 fuel saver tyres to my Prelude and they are excellent. Listed as a best buy in Which. Very comfortable good all weather grip etc. Mikey