What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mustang - Collos25
The Ford Mustang keeps cropping up in the Saturday Telegraph motoring section the original article telling of the great troubles somebody went to import one from America.These cars are available of the peg any colour and spec at far below the prices stated in the article from Germany 36,000 euros for a loade Boss convertible listed in Auto magazine.Intead of looking over the Atlantic it may be more benificial to look over the channel.
Ford Mustang - mare
There's a bright yellow newish Mustang for sale 4 miles away from me for £22k. Couldn't tell what it is though.
Ford Mustang - BazzaBear {P}
How ridiculous is it in comparison?
I remember reading (on here I think) that the V8 version is available in the US for about $15k.
If anyone here watches 'extreme makeovers: home edition' as I am forced to do, you'd see that the team on that give V8 Mustangs away like lollypops on almost every show.
Ford Mustang - Collos25
The problem was that it cost you £40 grand here in the uk for a loaded boss even if you imported it yourself and waited months and did all the paper work youself.
Ford Mustang - colinh
22,108 GBP according to Autocar (9Aug05),including the car, duty, VAT, shipping, single vehicle approval, registration, warranty, alarm/tracker, paperwork. Bought New York June - on road UK August
Ford Mustang - Collos25
Thats a basic not a boss convertible
Imagine what a bargain these are going to be 2nd hand a couple of years down the line.
I take it these are RHD?
Looking on Auto-trader they seem to be selling here for £25k, that's before an RHD conversion. I wonder whether there are any glaring disadvantages to a conversion, as opposed to a car built as RHD?
Ford Mustang - pd
AFAIK as I know they do not and have no plans to build a RHD version of the Mustang. Personally, I'd steer well clear or conversions and keep the car orginal.

The Premium V8 Convertable appears to list for $31,840 before options. You're looking at around £22,500 plus shipping, plus SVA at the current exchange rate landed in the UK.
Ford Mustang - Collos25
Plus Vat plus car tax plus import duty
Ford Mustang - pd
That includes VAT but not SVA etc.