What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Alwyn
I read that 300 traffic officers in the Met are to be moved to fight street crime.

Wow, they must really be concerned about us killer drivers being left to our own devices.

Or perhaps they know that our roads are already the safest in the world according to our own goverments reports
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Kev
Hmm, this might not be as good as it seems. We want MORE traffic cops with MORE leeway to enforce the law. Will these gaps be replaced by speed cameras?

Kev, still sceptical
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Alwyn
Don't think so. Met police Chief has said he has got better things to do than rigidly enforce speed limits.

Just seen a report about our North Wales police Chief banging on about speed limit offences. He said, "If you persist in driving like a prat, I will be doing business with you"

BTW, he has said that he sometimes breaks the speed limit, "but not as much as I used to"

Oddly, I have never heard him issuing threats against violent criminals.
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Dave
Yeah, but we also want less crime.
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Brian
I agree with Kev.
It is rare to see any police presence on London's roads other than those with blues and twos on heading for a crisis.
Maybe they are all unmarked?
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - crazed idiot
normally see quite a lot of motorcycle cops driving on the wrong side of the road up kensington high street, driving through red lights to important events (like buying sandwiches - sorry but ive seen it) and sitting in the sun in hyde park

oh and they pop out and hit people with speed tickets when they are only marginally over

great use of public money

dont think so
Re: Metropolitan police traffic officers moved - Flat in Fifth
"BTW, he has said that he sometimes breaks the speed limit, "but not as much as I used to"

and presumably he has also stopped beating his wife,

I'll shut up before I get in any hotter water.