What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Problem printing News page - Roger Jones
I tried to print out HJ's Car of the Year page to show friends in the pub at lunchtime, but it printed one line per page until I switched the printer off to abort the job after 20+ pages had emerged. Curious? Martyn, can you explain?
Re: Problem printing News page - David W
Roger,

I can't explain why it does it but I rarely print out a web page without routing it through Word to spend a minute trimming off the "excess". At least then you have control over the amount of pages.

Mostly I just copy and paste the text to save all the borders etc wasting colour ink.

David
Re: Problem printing News page - Lekas
Many thanks for these valuable tips.
Re: Problem printing News page - Roger Jones
Thanks, David. Yes, I do this too, via Eudora, but it's rare for web pages to fail to print properly. I guess there's code in the News page that's making the printer interpret line endings as page boundaries.
Re: Problem printing News page - Honest John
Got to the File Menu, select print from that, then, depending on your printer, you should get a lot of options for controlling what you print out. Meanwhile I'll try and cut and paste the news item in The Backroom, which is actually something any of you could do.

HJ