What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Key Rings - AR-CoolC
Following on from the recent "magic tree" thread and the "car mats" thread from a while ago lets see how this one runs.

I want a new key ring, but I'm also being very fussy.

I used to have a very nice Ford Puma key ring but it has broken and now I'm left with just the ring part holding my keys together.
To replace this key ring I want a motoring related, but not a car makers name key ring, now it has to be nice (which I understand is in the eye of the beholder).

What key rings do you have? and if you've got a nice one where did you get it?

Thanks

Key Rings - Happy Blue!
just the ring and no fob. takes up too much room otherwise.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Key Rings - Xileno {P}
Don't have one since I don't have any car keys. I've got a Renault card!

Our other cars have just ordinary key rings, the VW has a nice VW logo on it, the Peugeot has a National Trust one, and don't know about the Toyota, I hardly ever drive it.
Key Rings - Happy Blue!
Forgot,

What I do have other than the key is a tiny maglight torch which takes one AAA battery.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Key Rings - Ex-Moderator
I'm definitely a minimalist. My wife, on the other hand, has more key fobs than she has keys. On the occasions I use her keys its a real pain.
Key Rings - AR-CoolC
I'm definitely a minimalist. My wife, on the other hand, has
more key fobs than she has keys. On the occasions I
use her keys its a real pain.

I'm the same, just the car key and front door key, I just want a nice fob to adorn them.
Key Rings - Ivor E Tower
I collect keyrings so have over 100 to choose from, in fact probably over 200 if I bothered to count them all.
Key Rings - Chad.R
I'm the same, just the car key and front door key,
I just want a nice fob to adorn them.

I always keep my car keys and house keys seperate - I don't want to be locked out of my house if I ever lock the keys in the car or vice versa...

Also on the very rare occasions that I put the car in the garage it avoids having to switch off the engine and take out the keys to the garage door - I don't have a remote opening door :-(

Key fob wise, both the Omega and Landcruiser have RCL fobs which are seperate to the key and therefore there is no need for another fob/keyring (other than ornamentation, I suppose). The Yaris has the RCL integrated into the key itself and SWMBO has put it on a keyring with a small lump of polished granite as a fob.

Each to their own but I've never liked big keyrings and fobs etc.
Key Rings - Ex-Moderator
>>I always keep my car keys and house keys seperate

I've tried that. Its a total guarantee that I will go out wihtout the house keys. Or I'll leave the house keys somewhere.

The only way to ensure that I can let myself in when I get home, is to ensure that I can't get home without carrying the keys - therefore the car keys need to be on the same ring as anything else I need.
Key Rings - Altea Ego

> need to be on the same ring as anything else I need.

Indeed

As RF found out now he has a key card. (expert burgler and housebreaker now tho)
Key Rings - Mapmaker
DON'T hang lots of keys off your car key ring. You will wear out the tumblers in the ignition barrel if the key has a large weight hanging off it.
Key Rings - Altea Ego
I used to use a super keyring. A chrome leaping jaguar (as on the jag logo) with the key chain from its mouth. Bought at a BGP several years back.

NOw of course I have a small leather Renault badged wallet for my key card.

And th ehouse key is on the Jaguar
Key Rings - blue_haddock
My house keys and car keys are seperate.

Company car key is tagged up on a fairly standard motor trade key tag system as it's a demo. My private car just uses the standard cheap and nasty plastic keyring we give away when you buy a new car.
Key Rings - nortones2
I use a screwgate carabiner - light, secure and comes in anodized finishes to match or clash as you wish!.
Key Rings - Happy Blue!
Wozzat?
--
Key Rings - nortones2
If the mods allow: illustrated in www.walkhigh.co.uk/acatalog/Carabiners.html

The "mini" versions are the ones I use: any walking/mountaineering shop will have some.
Key Rings - PW
Am very sad in that I have 3 key rings- 1 work, 1 house, 1 car. The office one has a company key ring on, car one is a large solid metal VW logo (from my Polo days) and the house one has a very nice metallic one from a errr, christmas cracker (they were very posh crackers though).

Really should think about replacing the VW as no longer appropriate- but I really like it.

And the reason for having 3 is that got too many flipping keys!
Key Rings - Chad.R
Yes, a carabiner works well as a keyring. I almost bought one but luckily tried my keys on it only to find that some of my key's ring-holes where too small to fit on it. Shame.
Key Rings - Altea Ego
This is the one

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1
Key Rings - AR-CoolC
Nice ring RF (Ohh Err misses)

But I want motoring related, but mot a motor manufacturer so that I don't have the same problem as PW above. I have a Ford now but i doubt my next car will be one.

Maybe a nice tyre manufacturer or something like that.
Key Rings - PW
Only motoring related in that F1 drivers wear the sunglassses but....

www.grandprixlegends.com/LifestyleSite/L_Oakley_I_...s(Lifestyle)/OK052%28GPL%5FBaseCatalog%29/Lifestyle.htm
Key Rings - PW
Or -

www.grandprixlegends.com/LifestyleSite/L_NoFear_I_...s(Lifestyle)/msc873%28GPL%5FBaseCatalog%29/Lifestyle.htm
Key Rings - AR-CoolC
Thats the sort of thing PW.

But a tenner for a key ring.........call me stingy if you like.
Key Rings - Altea Ego
Oh For Gawds sake! You come on here asking to find a keyring, and someone finds you the most sublime motoring related keyring that fits your requirement perfectly and then we find out you want it for nothing?

:: mutters :: there is no pleasing some people ::

;->
Key Rings - martint123
I carry two keyrings.
One is the vehicle key + plipper for the vehicle I'm driving at the time. (could be car or bikes)
The second is house, garage, padlocks and a copy of each vehicle key. So if I lose, snap or lock vehicle key in boot, I can still use the copy.
Key Rings - Leon on Derv
keys are in a key wallet that I bought in Cyprus, had to bend the clips a bit to make the Leon's key fit.

There is a £10 reward metal tag attached to the lot, from my house insurer.

Leon
Key Rings - Pugugly {P}
A Miner's token from Coventry Main (closed in 1984) - Don't ask !
Key Rings - v8man
I have no key ring just the alarm fob. My wife has so many keys and fobs that I'm knee capped by them when I drive her car!
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Key Rings - PoloGirl
I used to have a mini caribina (sp?) but it kept coming open (thankfully it was only keys depending on it and not me on the end of a rope!).

Now I have a blue metal foot which also doubles up as a bottle opener. I love it :)

They were both from the Oddities range sold at lots of outdoor equipment shops.

Key Rings - Avant
Fascinating reading everyone, but I'm still none the wiser as to what a carabina / caribina is....

Perhaps it's a caribena and you put it round your blackcurrant juice in the car to stop it spilling.

Mini caribena - specially strengthened to cope with the boneshaking ride in a Mini.
Key Rings - David Horn
www.mrlaser.com/Thumbnails/hpWorld.jpg

One of those - used in climbing and when there's a need to quickly unfasten a secure link. I have a giant one on my safety harness at work that lets me attach myself to safely points quicky and easily. Mini ones also useful for keys.
Key Rings - No Do$h
Nope. Just the Alfa key. As it folds away into itself it sits in the pocket rather nicely without attacking your clothing or your leg. House keys not wuite as minimalist, with front, back and garage key on a tiny LED torch keyring.
Key Rings - doctorchris
I favour the tasteful little wooden clogs on a keyring that my daughter brought back from her trip to Amsterdam. Sadly they do tend to fall off.
Key Rings - THe Growler
I'm a cheap charlie, every year at renewal timeI get at least 6 freebies from the insurance company in respect of our vehicles. What's a key ring anyway? Something you toss idly on the bar to show off?

Most important of all with my memory (or failures of) is the nice big chain I loop over my belt for wallet and keys.
Key Rings - PW
In case your still looking- just came across these

www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?sect...6

got the piston keyrings- but only £3.99 with free p+p.