What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 - Brian
Happy New Year to everybody
Re: 2002 - Sue
Your post is looking so lonely!

Happy New Year to all.

BTW, were there ever serious fireworks before the end of 1999? They're still going off round here, but no car or boat horns, which is what I remember from my childhood near the Thames ...
Re: 2002 - ladas are slow
on the tyne we used to hear the boats blowing, and the horns from the shipyards, sadly these have gone. but we do party like mad people.
Re: 2002 - Sue
Although I suppose it's reassuring that there's at least one (more) backroomer not out getting plastered. I trust you all got home safely!!!
i never went out, all the restaurants are charging about £50 per person, and the only thing that i did was watch the fireworks whilst sitting in my car eating some sandwiches. but i am happy, because in the new year i will be buying a big old banger (2.8 ford granada ghia estate from 1983)
Re: 2002 - ian (cape town)
Granadas are Slow?
i might go for a 1984 bmw 5 series, the seller wants £395 plus its got T&T until april.
Re: 2002 - Phil
Insurance surely is more than the car's worth for you?
you have to treat yourself sometimes, but the insurance isnt too bad, a jaguar xjs 5.3 would be £983 fully comp through tesco.
Re: 2002 - Julian Lindley
Sue,

As a youngster in the fifties, I lived in Reading towards Tilehurst. The Great Western marshalling yards were not too far away, and although "tucked up" I remember the steam trains blasting their horns for what seemed an age!

Here in West Sussex my small town still managed a substantial battery of fireworks. It suprised me as I don't remember them last year (Sober as a judge sir, as well)

A Happy new year to your own and to all the many other contributors and their families.

Regards,

Julian