What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Touran Diesel - Claybuster
Anybody got a Touran? Any comments good or bad, I know all about the dealers having had a Bora before. Nearly bought a Touran a couple of years ago when they first came out but thought VW as usual were over egging the pudding and charging too much, bought a CRV instead and it's been a absolutely painless experience as regards ownership (it's never had to go back once for anything except for it's service) but as a only car I find the consumption a touch heavy hence the look for a diesel but a stone chip rusts in days, before you can treat it which it didn't do on the VW and I don't think the interior trim is as hardwearing as VW's. I know Honda now do a CRV diesel but they want silly money to change and at the moment VW seems to have seen the light as regards pricing on the Touran or maybe they are just not selling as many as they thought. Residuals for both the CRV and Touran look about the same. Got some good advice of the backroomers last time over purchase, any comments, advice would be appreciated.
Claybuster
Touran Diesel - Roly93
I think residuals on the Touran would be better than the Honda, and despite VW dealers being carp I would still rather go for the VW build quality over Japanese cards.

Are you sure you mean Touran rather than Touareg ? As the Honda CRV is classed as a off-roader/soft-roader where as the Touran is an MPV ?
Roly93,
No, definately Touran, mini MPV style,
Thanks
Claybuster
Touran Diesel - Altea Ego
CLaybuster, I have three colleagues who have these in PDI form, and all are over the moon with them in nearly every aspect. Not my cup of tea, the inside feels like working at a coal face to me but each to his own.
Just to clarify, originally bought the CRV 'cos I fancied a soft roader and to get down the odd farm track to do a bit of claytarget shooting (most of the clubs are in the middle of nowhere for obvious reasons) and have been really pleased with it, but find it a bit thirsty. So the thinking is !! Trade the CRV for a Touran diesel thus pleasing SWMBO (loves the CRV and the Touran and does not ever want an ordinary hatch again) this gives us an economical vehicle for long runs to Wiltshire and Norfolk for those family visits, and I buy a S/H Discovery/Pajero for the odd bit of shooting and to/from work (I work in a chemical factory and get sick to death of having to wash my car about 3 times a week to keep the chemicals off it) and if the S/H 4x4 gets crud all over it it's not the end of the world. I know the 4x4 will be thirsty but I'll only be doing a quarter if the mileage I do in the CRV at the moment. Hope this explains the disparity between CRV/Touran.
Thanks
Claybuster
Thanks Renault family, much appreciated.
Claybuster
Touran Diesel - Nickdm
Presumably the Seat equivalent - the new Altea - will be cheaper than a Touran, plus you'll meet more competent dealers than the idiots at VW franchises many of us seem to have come across?

The Altea looks a lot better too, IMHO.

Won't the Focus C-Max TDCI be cheaper too?
Touran Diesel - Roly93
The Focus is a good car (I bought a petrol one for my wife), but I would not trust that TDCi engine over the VW PD engine.
Touran Diesel - turbo11
My sister took delivery of her 2.0 TDI Touran in Feb.
Having 3 children under 4 years old she needed a vehicle that could transport her,her husband and three off-spring in their three child seats, plus prams,changing mats etc.
She is very pleased with everything; build quality(it will get a hard time with three children in the back!)ride,handling,power and fuel economy,and i have to say,having driven it myself,in the same position as her ,i would also purchase a Touran(but not in black as she did-Maui blue looks much nicer).
I don't know exactly how much she paid,but i know that she did get a deal when she showed her local VW dealership(oxford)what they were selling for on the internet.If you want me to find out how much she paid just ask me.
Touran Diesel - Zippy123
1.9tdi S bought in March 05 is very nice, much better IMHO than the Zafira etc.

Hugh space inside.

VW gives a £1.5k discount on this model and dealer gave us another £500 plus "free" metalic and 6 disc changer making it £14k.
Thanks for that zippy, I'll try for something like that seeing as I'm not getting "full book" for my CRV. I knew about the £1500.00.but I'll try for some other kit as well.
Thanks
Claybuster
Touran Diesel - cjehuk
We have a Touran 2.0TDI DSG bought new in January this year through Drive The Deal. Came in £2100 under list and another £250 was knocked off for collecting the car from the supplying dealer. No problems so far, 43mpg and suitably quick. Handling is better than I expected for such a car, but not exactly sports car like.

Chris
Touran Diesel - Dr Rubber
I have a touran 1.9TDI SE. Great car for families, and I get 45 to 50mpg out of it depending on the journey mix. The 105 PS 1.9TDI is not quick, but it holds its own. I would not want the 90PS 1.9TDI though (tooo slow, and probably underpowered). If you want quick, get a 2.0TDI, but the economy suffers a bit.

If you do a forum search, I wrote a review of my old 1.6 FSI touran some time last year. My new diesel is much better - more torque and 10+mpg more. One thing I would recommend is to stump up the extra £170 for the extra tinted rear glass (std on sport). This keeps the kids much cooler in the back.

Joe