What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Jaguars we love. - madux
After reading the X-Type thread, and 'Rovers we love', what's our favourite Jaguar?
Mine would be the original S-Type.
Jaguars we love. - frostbite
Can't decide between my old 420 Jag and the Daimler (Mk2 shape) V8.

Wouldn't mind either of them back now.
Jaguars we love. - madux
Yes, I love the MK2 as well. But the S-Type is a sort of cross between the two, Mk2 sized but with the 4.2 engine option and a more elegant rear end.
Jaguars we love. - Tomo
It has to be the original alloy bodied XK 120 which I saw at Earl's Court in 1948. Next up is the XK150 hard top, with disc brakes and rack and pinion steering - but that's partly because I had one.
Jaguars we love. - Garethj
Series 1 E-Type coupe. Just lovely. www.vicarage-jaguar.com/e-type_4.jpg
Jaguars we love. - Roger Jones
Yes, it has to be the Series 1 E-Type Coupé -- a classic example of getting it right first time.
Jaguars we love. - bartycrouch
XJ6 Series one 4.2 Litre - Genuine leap forward in big saloons; one of the first cars to be designed from the tyres up.
Jaguars we love. - Puppetland

Jaguar XJS V12 with the ultra-rare manual transmission and terrifying fuel economy.
Jaguars we love. - WhiteTruckMan
Scorpion light recce tank (with the 4.2 jag engine)

WTM
Jaguars we love. - cheddar
'73 Series 1 XJ12
Jaguars we love. - Adam {P}
XJ220.
--
Adam
Jaguars we love. - Altea Ego
XJS
Jaguars we love. - Altea Ego
In fact *any* jaguar except the Mk10
Jaguars we love. - SjB {P}
My grandfather's dark green 3.8 MKII.

Sweeter engined than the 4.2, and I can still see him open the concertina garage doors on a cold winter's day, open the driver's door, press the starter button, and hear that wonderful straight six catch and settle down to a rock steady idle, whisps of vapour from the exhaust.

As well as being an object of beauty, there was something wonderfully tactile aboout that car, from door catches, to switch gear, to crunch of leather seat, to operation of the seat-back tables. Fabulous, and a ride ot two was the highlight of any boarding school half term holiday.
Jaguars we love. - blue_haddock
I've always liked the Jag XJR - understated performance.
Jaguars we love. - Avant
Let's hear it for the 1950 Mark V - I always thought its graceful lines much more attractive than the bulbous Mark VII - IX which succeeded it.

Not suer what happened to the Mark VI - maybe they left that to Bentley.
Jaguars we love. - Pete M
Series 3 XJ12. My current Jag is a VDP one of these. And yes it is a Jaguar not a Daimler. (Middle East car). Still look back at it
after parking, and think mmmmm...
MK IX was one of my favourites. Never should have sold this one,
it might have been worth something now.
My wife hated my MK1 and MK2, but quite likes the VDP.
Jaguars we love. - Big Bad Dave
XJS. Had one and should never have let it go.
Jaguars we love. - Truckosaurus
The one Jaguar I've seen in recent years that was really stunning was a 'lightweight' styled E-Type convertible that was being driven (as a roadcar) by the legendary Win Percy. It was painted in a glorious silvery blue colour and had spin-on wheel hubs and fat tyres on pressed steel racing wheels rather than the overly fussy (to my eyes) wire wheels that most E-types seem to wear.
Jaguars we love. - Truckosaurus
By the power of the internet, I have found pictures of the car in question.

www.tbpics.com (click on the 'Eagle E-types' link.)

Plenty of other 'Jag' photos on that site too.
Jaguars we love. - Sofa Spud
Curiously, Jaguars were never at the top of my wish-list as a schoolboy. The E-type looked OK - especially the original coupe -and the wide-track V12 versions looked nice too.

The original XJ6 looked brilliant at the time.

But the best looking Jaguar in my opinion was the C-Type racer from the early 50's

www.concours.com.au/images/RGC-TY~DL.jpg

Cheers, Sofa Spud
Jaguars we love. - Imagos
I agree with Adamski, the only Jaguar worth its salt is the XJ220. In fact this is in my top five supercars to buy when i become a billionaire.

Rarity is also a plus point here,, as rare as a hen at a dentist.

Have you seen one on the road?
Jaguars we love. - Sofa Spud
I have seen one XJ220 on the road, a silver one. Very wide. We don't live far from the Haynes motor museum, and there's a silver XJ220 there - probably the same one I saw on the road.

Cheers, SS

Jaguars we love. - Imagos
oh that reminds me not only the XJ220 i love, this one too.. www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/jaguar.html
Jaguars we love. - Adam {P}
I've got one of them in the garage.
--
Adam
Jaguars we love. - Orson {P}
I love my XJS. I've had it 3 weeks, and it's enormous fun. It's also enormously expensive to fill up, because i keep finding an excuse to go the long way round to wherever I'm going. It is "Top Cat" to the X type "Benny."

Seeing the shot of the Jag plane reminded me of a link to a site showing some slightly low flying during GW1 - including a slightly bemused looking Iraqi with a large dent in the roof of his car caused by the underbelly fuel tank of said Jag glancing off at warp speed. If I can a) find it and b) work out how to post it, I will.

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Here it is, though not sure how to make it clickable. You need to scroll down or read through the words and click on the thumbnail pics to see them properly:

braden.buzzword.com/military/LowFlyingAircraft

O
--
Don?t let go of it Orson. I got rid of mine cos my x wife detested it and there isn?t a day goes by when I don?t wish I hadn?t shot her, bundled her in the boot and sold her as well. I will get another one day, my new wife is Polish and properly trained. I fancy a 6 litre one...

How old is yours, what did you pay for it? Have you had any problems with it? Can you see the fuel guage move when you floor it?
It's an 88 E plate, and got it for 3250 off ebay, though from a trader. No probs as yet, though it's early days.... Appears to be in excellent condition - previous owner was disabled ad only did 1400 miles in 2 years. It's just had a main dealer service, and they said it was as clean as they'd seen. Fortunately Mrs O also loves it.

Can't quite see the gauge move, though the trip goes down to 3 on kickdown....

O
--
Did you ever see the edition of Top Gear where James May drove an XJS that had been modernised by a company somewhere in Yorkshire I think? He described it as the car that the XJS should have been. Everything was stripped down and rebuilt and they even found an extra 50bhp in the engine. Unfortunately, it cost about 35k so I?ll have to wait for the old man to pop it first.
Jaguars we love. - BB
DB7 Prototype.
A Jaguar before Ford gave it to AML.
Jaguars we love. - thallium81
Cheddar, are you serious. I had a Mk1 XJ12 in pillar box red, beautiful looking car but with its four Strombergs all connected by rods and bell cranks, quite impossible to maintain in tune. Fuel consumption more like a Supermarine Swift on afterburners.
Jaguars we love. - cheddar
Cheddar, are you serious. I had a Mk1 XJ12 in pillar
box red, beautiful looking car but with its four Strombergs all
connected by rods and bell cranks, quite impossible to maintain in
tune. Fuel consumption more like a Supermarine Swift on afterburners.

I'm serious and i'm jealous! Reckon the series II and III were not as good looking as the original '68 on series I XJ's, I was a kid going to the motorshow with my dad, must have been '73 when we saw an XJ12 on the road, just been launched, must have been the ultimate sloon in those days!
Jaguars we love. - thallium81
Cheddar, it was certainly gorgeous and went like the wind but regrettably it was (or mine was) badly put together and it suffered from leaking fuel tanks times 2, unreliable electric fuel pumps and internal bits that kept falling off. As this thread is entitled 'Jaguars we love' I'll admit I loved it; felt a million dollars swishing around the 1970s UK. Then the bills came in. End.

My next car was a Fiesta Popular. Win some lose some.

Jaguars we love. - Morris Ox
The Jag I love? The 1978 (yes, 1978!) Pininfarina design study on which the XK8 was eventually based.

That it took them the best part of 20 years to get round to it was sheer Leylandism.