What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Orbital Polishers - any good? - Steve S
I need to get some super resin polish in to some very lightly scratched paintwork. I know it will do a great job but I also know how hard it is on the elbow grease!

So I admit it. I'm wimping out in my old age, but I like the idea of taking some of the pain out of this task, it might encourage me to do it more often!

Has anybody used one of these orbital polishers? Are they as easy as they look? Most importantly though, do they do a good job?
Orbital Polishers - any good? - just a bloke
I use one that I purchased in Maplins. It's lightweight and has a low enough speed that there is no danger of buring the polish. I am happy to use it on my beloved Spider as well as my normal cars.

In fcat I was using this very weekend applying some AutoGlym High Gloss to my spider for the coming summer :-)

Hope this helps

JaB
Orbital Polishers - any good? - Stuartli
AutoGlym Super Resin polish has a slight cutting action; however, my best mate, whose just swapped his Mondeo for (yet another) Mondeo, used CarPlan's metallic version of its T-Cut to get rid of some scratches and stone chip marks very successfully and with minimum effort.

He finished it off with Holt's ColourPlan silver coloured polish and the result is an impressive overall shine.

I use AutoGlym polishes etc but also picked up some of the CarPlan Triplewax being sold off at Tesco (as revealed by a BR member recently) at just 55p a tin.

I thought it would be a hard paste, but it turned out to be a soft paste type wax which can be used to cover the whole car before buffing up. Testing it by doing the bonnet, roof and bootlid took about 15-20 minutes from start to finish.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Orbital Polishers - any good? - Stuartli
PS

I've had an orbital polisher for about 10 years - it's been used just once....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Orbital Polishers - any good? - BobbyG
At one point I had two of these polishers sitting in my garage doing nothing.
Found them useless, trailing cables, only good for large flat areas and certainly no chance of gettting into nooks and crannies with them.
Also, when polishing car manually with a cloth, every so often I will give the cloth a shake to remove any dust etc attached to it - can't really do this with an orbital without removing the cover every time.