What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - L'escargot
Every so often, when used on the manual single-wipe option, the park function of my Focus wipers fails. The wipers just stop wherever they happen to be when I let go of the switch lever.

Is this (a) a common fault (b) one which my local (small) Ford dealership would be likely to easily diagnose or (c) a fault that could spread to all wiper options? At the moment, when I'm in a forgiving mood, it is merely an annoyance.

--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - Quinny100
Its more than likely an intermittent fault on the timer relay. The dealer should be able to swap it over in no time, or you could do it yourself if you can find out where it fits.
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - Peter D
If you just blip the stalk too quickly then the motor has not triggered the power on switch an the wipers stop. Normally this is about 15 degrees of movement. If you have the fault and you blip it again, does it park properly. ?? Does it always park properly in Intermittant Wipe mode.?? Regards Peter
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - mfarrow
Is this (a) a common fault

A friends dad had this on his Focus, so may be common occurance. I'll check with him tonight.
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - Victorbox
Agree that it likely to be the wiper relay. I had the same thing but not on a Ford.
Intermittent fault ~ wipers not parking - L'escargot
It's something that has only just started to happen. It occurs only on flick-wipe, and operating the switch again merely puts the wipers into a different position. The wipers stop moving as soon as I release the switch ~ they do not complete the cycle. It never happened before or on my previous Focus which I had for 5 years so I can't imagine that my technique is at fault.

When it's convenient I'll see my local Ford dealer. Being intermittent, Sods Law says that I won't be able to demonstrate the fault. I just hope they listen to what I'm telling them!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.