What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - Sparrow
Does anyone know how easy it is to retrofit cruise control to a W reg diesel (the 115bhp version) VW Bora.
It would make going up and down the motorway much easier. I read it is s/w enabled, and you just have to have the stalk fitted.

Thanks
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - Doyle
Sparrow, this page homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/control_stalk.htm has the instructions. Found it on Ebay last week whilst lokking for Bora's. cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...W

Doyle

VW Bora/Golf cruise control - Roger Jones
Sparrow

You'll find posts from me about cruise control and its UK sources of supply if you do a Forum search with my name and "cruise control".
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - Roger Jones
If you're thinking of fitting it yourself, you may find this useful:

www.lowtension.com/cruise_control.htm
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - bert-j
The VDO Tempostat system is not really suitable for VW 'fly by wire' diesels as a very crude bowden cable connection to the accelerator pedal is required. This would be extremely difficult. Far better to use the correct setup as detailed in an earlier posting.
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - mare
Try a forum search on "octavia cruise control" - i seem to remember that a backroomer retro fitted cruise to his Octavia Diesel. Memory is vague, but it seemed quite easy.
VW Bora/Golf cruise control - mare
Here it is

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=7651

HTH