What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford body panels - keo-the-dog
anyone know if new panels are date stamped, just had a new door fitted to my mondeo estate and wanted to check it really was a new door any tips...cheers...keo
ford body panels - mfarrow
I would have thought date stamping would be a bit pointless, considering they can be stored for a long time before being used. More to the point, is it a genuine Ford panel or a pattern part? I remember reading in a Haynes manual that original panels have the Ford logo stamped into them, as this is a registered trademark. Can't say I've seen a stamp anywhere on my car, must be hidden (or the car's a complete clone ;-) )!
ford body panels - madf
I can't see a Ford logo anywhere on the Fiesta's roof panel or bonnet or wings come to that.....

madf

ford body panels - L'escargot
More to the point, is it a genuine Ford panel or a pattern >> part?

I think you'll find that genuine Ford parts are primed all over. Ask a Ford dealer. Pattern parts are likely to come unprotected. Take off the door trim, if you can, and look at the surfaces that are normally hidden. Was it a complete door or a reskin job?
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
ford body panels - blank
If it wasn't a new part it would be unlikely to be the same colour as your car. It's also unlikely the garage would have sprayed all the inside parts the correct colour. Try taking the trim off and looking carefully. Possibly also under rubbers?

hth
Andy
ford body panels - Simon
What makes you suspicious that it may not be a brand new door?
ford body panels - keo-the-dog
What makes you suspicious that it may not be a brand
new door?

not really sure just a feeling have supposedly had a new door and a one side spray job ... the paint looks and feels good but i am not so sure about the door it just doesn't appear to be new and it was a warranty repair which the garage shipped out to main dealer.... cheers...keo