What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
coat hangers ! - borasport20
not one of life's essentials, but...

I have seen in some vehicles, (ie Merc Vito) coat hangers that are attached to the back of the front seats.

Now I know that if (a) I had a merc vito and (b) was prepared to pay more than I normally would for a coat, I could probably get some from a Merc Dealer, but does anybody know if their is anybody selling a universal model ?

I've tried googling, and all I get is links to price comparison sites that can't actually find the product, or one reference to coat hangers for citroens....

--
\"I ought not to let my mind wander - it\'s too small to be out on its own\"

www.mikes-wa
coat hangers ! - John R @ Work {P}
I saw some chrome plated coat hangers for the back of the front seats for sale in Aldi (or was it Lidl?) a couple of weeks ago. They were designed to clip onto the head restraint (not head rest!) supports.

I'm not sure if they still have them in stock as they seem to buy stuff in end-of-line type bulk batches.

Regards,
John R @ Work :¬)
coat hangers ! - madux
Do you need a coat if you have a car?
You have to get out of the car sooner or later....
--

www.mikes-wa
coat hangers ! - Altea Ego
Wellllll as it 'appens gov.....

I bought one for the Scenic at the renault dealer. You take off the headrest, thread the two fittings into the headrest poles, and refit the headrest to the seat. Worked very well.

Except, they are not safe with rear seat passengers, in the event of a sudden stop passenger head meets heavy metal hanger.
coat hangers ! - LongDriver {P}
Borasport - I assume you have a VW???

Pop down to your local Ford dealers - they sell coathangers for the Galaxy - I have two in my mine!

don't go to your VW dealer as they sell the same coatahngers for twice the price!

ie these should fit your Bora...
coat hangers ! - Robin Reliant
Make sure you get those cheap wire ones, which make a great radio ariel should a passing Chav take offence at your factory fitted item. As good reception as I've ever had from an ariel, despite all the technical jargon the manufacturers use as to why you must have their most expensive product.

RF - I don't carry backseat passengers very often, and I'm quite happy to leave the rear headrests in the boor for better visibility, so i'd be happy to take a coathanger off when nec.

--

www.mikes-wa
coat hangers ! - John R @ home {P}
Mike,

My local Lidl (for local people!) @ Blackburn Lancs. still has plenty in stock. They are £3.99 each and include universal fitting kits.

I know that Blackburn is not a million miles away from you. Lidl is located just off the A674, that part of the road is called Bank Top and is part of Preston Old Road about half to three quarters of a mile from the town centre.

Regards,

John R @ Home
John - how sturdy are they for £3.99 ? - strong enough to support a fairly weighty leather jacket ?.

If they are, I might take the L O N G way home this evening

--

www.mikes-wa
Mike,

Very sturdy, at least 5mm rod, and is looped round so that each sholder has two lenghts of rod to support the coat/jacket.

Regards,
coat hangers ! - wd 40
Thanks for that John.

You don't have a phone number for the store ? - if you put 'blackburn' into the lidl store finder, it gives you Acrrington, Whalley and Preston, but not Blackburn, and i'd like to know if they have any before I go

ta
Mike,

I can't find a number for them... Their site does not recognise that they have a Blackburn store !!!

However, there were about 30 of them on Satuardsy morning and there have been that many for a couple of weeks (slow moving stock).

PS.
I do not work for or have any connection (except as a customer) with Lidl.

Regards,
Mike,
I can't find a number for them... Their site does not
recognise that they have a Blackburn store !!!

and the only phone number you can find on the site is an 0870 number !

I feel a blast over Belmont after work coming on !

www.mikes-walks.co.uk
coat hangers ! - Dynamic Dave
Mike,
I can't find a number for them... Their site does not
recognise that they have a Blackburn store !!!

I deleted some of LIDL's earlier newsletters at the w'end. Otherwise I could have forwarded the email to Borasport20.
Thanks Dave, (and John), I went up to Blackburn after work and we are 'sorted'.
Obviously, just as there are places where odd socks or biro's dissappear to, all the car coathangers go to Lidl Blackburn, because there are none at all in the other two Lidls I see

www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Glad to hear that you are sorted...

I did not realise Blackburn was the coat hanger's equilevent of an Elephant's Graveyard.

I can imagine them staggering along the A666 and the M65, on their last legs, to their final resting place. What a sad thought!

Regards,
coat hangers ! - Carse
Bora,

I have previously seen some seemingly good quality one's on eBay for £14 (multiple makes of vehicle).

Worth a look

Carse
coat hangers ! - Carse
Just found this on e-bay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...W

Still only £0.01.

Carse