Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Dynamic Dave

****** Voting over for round four. ******

For the next round, and to see the remaining cars, goto thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23858

Right then, and onto round four of Big Brother\'s Garage.

2 cars were evicted from the previous round.
See here for further details:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23629&...e

Here are the remaining cars in no particular order.
1. Seat Leon.
2. Alfa 156.
3. Peugeot 405.
4. TVR Tuscan.
5. Ford Mondeo.
****** EVICTED VW Golf. ******
****** EVICTED Lada Samara. ******
****** EVICTED Vauxhall Vectra. ******
****** EVICTED Renault 5. ******
****** EVICTED Austin Allegro. ******
****** EVICTED Perodua Nippa. ******
****** EVICTED Citroen 2CV. ******
****** EVICTED Toyota Landcruiser. ******

All votes have been reset to zero. Same format as before - nominate two cars for eviction. You don\'t have to give a reason this time - unless of course you nominate something different from the last round of voting.

This Friday, (16th July) is the closing date for nominations. The cars with fewest votes will remain and the voting process will begin again until we?re left with *hopefully* one (or maybe 2) winner(s).

Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Happy Blue!
Seat Leon - as before (I think!)

Ford Mondeo, because the 405 was the better car to drive when they first came out.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - LeePower
The Peugeot 405 is still a better car to drive then a Ford Mondeo now!
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - BazzaBear {P}
Basically down to the two cars on that list I'd be least likely to ever want to own:

Mondeo
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Adam {P}
I'll give my votes and reasons but stating why the others should not be voted out if I may.

The Alfa 156. Ok, it's plagued by reliability problems I'm assured but it looks gorgeous and looks to me to be a really nice car.

The Ford Mondeo. Why oh why oh why are people voting for this car? It came out in '93 and was fantastic. The mark 2, whilst not amazing was still...ok. Wallowed a bit granted but still relatively good. And we have the latest one. I presume this is the one up for eviction. It's cheap (compared to other same in class cars) cheap to fix, drives well and is reliable. Looks nice as well.

The Seat Leon. Given what Seats were 10-15 years ago, this car is pretty nice. Cheaper than a Golf and probably just as good. Can't comment on drivablility but I'm sure it's good.

Which leaves the 405 and the Tuscan. Whilst it was my original vote, the 405 is a good car but we had one and once one thing went, everythign started falling to bits so that has to go. The Tuscan? Why would anyone...ANYONE part with so much money for such an unreliable, not particularly outstanding car? Crazy.

So, just in case you've read over all that rubbish and not paid attention, my nominations are:

Tuscan (and always will be)

Sorry for the long post
Adam
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - MichaelR
I agree with you, Adski. I also cannot work out why people are so anti the Mondeo at this stage in the game. Where else can you buy a 5 year old car with a list price of £20,000, full leather interior, all the toys inc aircon and cruise, excellent handling for its class (It's certainly the least 'dull' of all similar cars) and above average reliability for under £3k? It even looks decent with the optional Ford RSAP Bodykit, as mine has.

So, I'm going to vote for, well, first the TVR Tuscan. I think they look horrid, they are not that good value for money, they are difficult to get the best out of, and you'll never get your RAC no call out discount.

Second choice though is getting rather hard becuase I am also pretty fond of the rest of the list. The Seat Leon is a fantastic Golf alternative for those who see that paying extra for a VW badge is a waste of time, and it has some excellent engines. The Peugeot 405 was fantastic in its time - a genuinelly decent to drive car by all accounts.

Guess it's going to have to be the Alfa.

So...

TVR Tuscan
Alfa Romeo 156
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Cardew
Seat Leon: Downmarket from the Golf - and that went out early

Alfa 156: Upmarket Fiat - just!
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Imagos
1- Peugeot 405

2- Alfa 156

'cos they are cars named after numbers, this makes them souless, you wouldn't call your dog 378 would you?
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Adam {P}
>>'cos they are cars named after numbers, this makes them souless, you wouldn't call your dog 378 would you?<<

yes. That reminds me - must go and take 412 for a walk
Adam
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Mapmaker
K9???
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Vansboy
Seat - as Cardew says..
TVR - as before

VB
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - teabelly
Peugeot 405 - It's french
Seat Leon - a snob's skoda
teabelly
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - LeePower
Alfa 156 = Looks good on the back of a tow truck
Seat Leon = Just a VW Golf in drag
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - tr7v8
Seat as before jumped up Golf...
Pug 405 as beloved of cab drivers everywhere.

Jim
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - mare
Seat as before jumped up Golf...

Or is the Golf a over-priced Leon?

Anyway, my nominations.

1 - Tuscan - can't get the kids in it (best reason i can come up with having never even close to one)
2 - Peugeot 405 - by default. The Alfa looks great, the Mondeo is good value and the Leon is pretty good too. The Peugeot just isn't up to it in this company
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - LeePower
But the Pug 405 can out drive The Alfa, Mondeo & the Leon easily!
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - No Do$h
But the Pug 405 can out drive The Alfa, Mondeo &
the Leon easily!

So speaks someone who has never driven a 156, Leon or Mondeo.

Anyway, back in the real world;

405. Hasbeen minicab with all the charm of last night\'s leftover catfood.

TVR Tincan for reasons too often repeated.

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - just a bloke
But the Pug 405 can out drive The Alfa, Mondeo &
the Leon easily!

What an amusing fellow you are :-)

Anyway....

Leon - Alfa Wannabe, anybody that doubts teh veracity of that opinion hasn't been paying attention to Walter DeSilva...

405 - my mate had one of these (SRI it was) reckoned it could out drive my GTV, he's an amusing fellow too. It took him 15 minutes to catch up with me :-)

Jab
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Vin {P}
alPHa 156. A joke. A good looking joke, but a joke, all the same.

Peugeot 405. I drove one once for a day and it was bland nothingness.

Lovely contest.

V
156 a joke? So me putting 38,000 miles on mine in 18 months with a couple of suspension bushes (I live on an unmade private road, so hardly surprising) and a MAF covered by warranty is funny?

Blimey. Strange sense of humour you lot have.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - HF
1. 405 - because the only ones I've ever known have been owned by idiots or losers or both.

2. TVR Tuscan - because I still don't know what it is.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Avant
Peugeot 405 - as before, the contemporary Mondeo did the same job better.

Alfa 156 - clearly some people love them, some hate them - I think there are cars in the same bracket which generate more love than hate, e.g. Audi, Hinda, BMW.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Avant
Sorry for late night typo - that's meant to be Honda, not Hindustan Ambassador! Those are based I think on the 1954 Morris Oxford: anyone remember it? It had the instruments and switches about half a mile away from the driver.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Civic8
Alpha and tvr.waste of space.some say good dont like either.
--
Was mech1
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - dilbert
1. SEAT Leon. As before. You really wanted a Golf

2. Ford Mondeo. Not a bad car, just a bit boring. Casting my mind back to the 80s, the 405 looked fabulous and drove well. Made far more of an impact the the Mondeo ever did when it was launched.

For all of those voting for the 156, just remember what you leave behind. We could end up having to decide between a mondeo and a 405 as most popular car. What's that all about?
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Happy Blue!
Its not quite the most popular. We were given a short and unusual list, and the cars that are real dogs have been kicked out already. What remain are interesting to drive, even if some of them are ubiquitous. Yes, three of the five are considered boring, but only because they are designed for the massess. Sometimes this produces excelllent design. The only reason why I voted the Mondeo out is that it fulfills the same job as the 405 and yet at the time they were launched the 405 was simply more attractive and better to drive.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
For all of those voting for the 156, just remember what
you leave behind. We could end up having to decide
between a mondeo and a 405 as most popular car.
What's that all about?

Hmmm, Looks like ND is trying to rig the voting now that the Alfa is finally getting some nominations.

Stop sulking and take it like a man. The Vectra was evicted in the first round and you don't hear me complaining about it. I was actually quiet relieved as it meant that I didn't have to get the push bike out to get to work ;o)
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - No Do$h
's funny. When I was unable to get on here for a few days I was accused by DD of nobbling the voting with my edit button as so few had voted for the 156. Now I'm back "in Da House" I can't move for 156 votes.

That's ironic, that is.

Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - BazzaBear {P}
That's ironic, that is.

Nah, it's moderator bashing.
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - AngryJonny
Pug 405 - What do you mean it's still here? Can't we just put it out of its misery already?

Ford Mondeo - Just strikes me as a car that's great for people who don't want to have to think too hard about what they drive. Kind of the Spaghetti Bolognaise of cars. Generally very good, but not all that imaginative.
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - just a bloke
Kind of the Spaghetti Bolognaise of cars.
Generally very good, but not all that imaginative.

What a great analogy :-)
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - CM
Pug 405 - (a) it is French and (b) if it was anything like my old 306 then it won't be out of the garage for very long!

Alfa 156 - for a car that wants to play with BMW, Audi and MB the interior is not up to scratch with a cheap hollow sounding dash board (or so it seemed when I was in one once)
A hollow sounding dashboard?

I bet there aren't many car manufacturers who realise that to be liked their dashboard can't sound hollow.
Do you spend much of your time tapping dashboards? Are you looking for secret compartments or something?
You mean there are solid dashboards? How do you run the wiring through them?
A hollow sounding dashboard?
I bet there aren't many car manufacturers who realise that to
be liked their dashboard can't sound hollow.
Do you spend much of your time tapping dashboards? Are you
looking for secret compartments or something?

Bazza, Bazza, Bazza....

When will you learn? NO Alfa can compete with the dashboard plastics of the germans! They are the true uber dashboard plastics! The plastics used in their dashboards are so technically advanced they make the cars go faster and look cooler, they all have secret compartments as well this was vouchsafed to me by an Audi driver.. he keeps his brain it in while driving.....

;)
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - CM
>> A hollow sounding dashboard?
>>
>> I bet there aren't many car manufacturers who realise that
to
>> be liked their dashboard can't sound hollow.
>> Do you spend much of your time tapping dashboards? Are
you
>> looking for secret compartments or something?
>>
Bazza, Bazza, Bazza....
When will you learn? NO Alfa can compete with the dashboard
plastics of the germans! They are the true uber dashboard plastics!
The plastics used in their dashboards are so technically advanced they
make the cars go faster and look cooler, they all have
secret compartments as well this was vouchsafed to me by an
Audi driver.. he keeps his brain it in while driving.....
;)

Well if anyone thinks (like me) that the Alfa has a hollow sounding, cheap dashboard, they should try tapping away at the hire car I have at the moment - Hyundai Getz.

As it is out in the open, I will have to admit that I find it a big turn off when tapping away and it sounds like a bit of chipboard covered by 1mm of cheap plastic. But when there is a solid sound coming out, oooooooooooooooh
As it is out in the open, I will have to
admit that I find it a big turn off when tapping
away and it sounds like a bit of chipboard covered by
1mm of cheap plastic. But when there is a solid sound
coming out, oooooooooooooooh

This is good therapy. The first step to getting a problem fixed is admitting that you have the problem in the first place ;)
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Alfafan {P}
Gotta be the Mondeo: borrrring

And the 405: comfortable ride but fall to bits quality
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - The Count
Well, look what I've been missing!

I dunno, you go away for a little R&R and miss all the fun...

Right then, my votes are for:

Tuscan Undoubtedly a great car but I'll never be able to afford one, so one the grounds of petulance and jealousy it gets one of my votes.

Mondeo I cannot understand why anybody would spend £15k on an average Mondeo when there are much more entertaining cars out there at the same price. So, it gets my second vote.

Good this, innit?

Oh, and before anybody looks at my profile and notices that I drive a (ahem) Mondeo - it's a works car. I have no choice.
--

Ha ha this a-way, ha ha that a-way...
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - NARU
Tuscan - not reliable enough
405 - its French
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Hawesy1982
My votes:

Alfa 156 - Quirky, pretty, but utterly untrustworthy so has got to go.

Peugeot 405 - A nice car, just not good enough to stay in at this stage, sorry

My reasons for keeping the other three:

Seat Leon - Looks better than a Golf, is way cheaper to buy than a Golf, is way cheaper to insure than a Golf...

Ford Mondeo - As above, now a great car, which can be had amazingly cheaply by a shrewd buyer

TVR Tuscan - Can hold it\'s own with true supercars, for a fraction of true supercar price. British. Nice 2-tone paint that i\'ve only ever seen on TVR\'s (and Nissan Micra\'s). The danger factor from having comparatively few computers to keep you from atomising yourself if you misjudge the next corner.
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Altea Ego
Tuscan - out of pure jealousy
Mondeo, probably a great car but I have never liked it for some perverse reason.

The 405 MUST stay. It was a fabulous car in its day. - and my first diesel, my first with electric windows, my first with electric sunroof, 60k happy miles.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Wombat Rick
I would get rid of the Leon because the marriage of a German and a Spaniard is never going to be pretty. It does have a massive rump.
Second, the Mondeo because it's the motoring equivalent of laminate flooring. Hard wearing, cheap, common. Grim.
Thank you.
;)
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Malcolm_L
TVR Tuscan - too impractical plus a bit like a kit car.

Seat Leon - VAG parts bin special

Peugeot 405 in 1.9TD form made a lot of people think differently about diesels.

Ford Mondeo - Good car but the Focus has better dynamics, however developing an impressive reliability record.

Alfa 156 - like the car, still good looking and great fun to
drive. (Alright it's a No Dosh sympathy vote)
Alfa 156 - like the car, still good looking and great
fun to
drive. (Alright it's a No Dosh sympathy vote)

Yay! Malcolm L gets a special vote of thanks for his blatant attempt to ingratiate himself with one of the mods.

Unfortunately it's one of the other ones running this thread :o(
Sorry - you misunderstood, I really do feel sorry for you!
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Morris Ox
Well, what a dreary disappointment!

Been away for a few days and I find out that all the characters in the house have gone and all we're left with is a dull collection of bland Euroboxes.

Stand up those sinners who couldn't see the 2CV for what it was: the ultimate 20th century utility car which, even though it was first designed in the 1930s, could still pass muster as comfortable, usable everyday transport. Shame on you lot - no historical appreciation.

Ditto the Landcruiser. This is the vehicle that makes the inaccessible accessible, takes medicine to the third world, does it better than anything out of Solihull.

So what are we left with? Stuff that fills a traffic jam near you. Trash the lot of 'em, I say.

But start with the Pug and the Mondeo...
But start with the Pug and the Mondeo...

Morris Ox, am I to assume those are your nominations?

A note for everyone. Please make your nominations clear. What with all the off topic waffle that\'s also going on in this thread, it\'s a hard job keeping an accurate tally.

all the off topic waffle that\'s also going on in this
thread, it\'s a hard job keeping an accurate tally.

Er, that\'ll be me and the other Alfisti on the site then.

::: shuffles from foot to foot :::

Sorry.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - googolplex
405 - people must be blind and bonkers if they think this is more interesting than a Mondeo.
Seat - because its Spanish (well, in name anyway).
Splodgeface
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - velocemitch
OK first post on here, bound to mess it up..
My vote Seat Leon....dont like German Cars....oh it\'s Spanish is it??

Mondeo, had the choice and bought a 405....twice.

Keep the 156 in it\'s a classic in it\'s own lifetime, TVR sounds just so good, the 405 was ground breaking, and in truth my Mi16 would probably out drive my 156....maybe even a GTV Jab, but only the rare S16 4x4 turbo nutter version..

Now how do actually vote?????
Now how do actually vote?????

You just did. Dave nips in from time to time and counts up your comments. We\'re working on the voting/poll thing, but don\'t hold your breathe.

Oh, and I used my magic marker (aka Edit Button) to make a tiny change to your post ;o)

Welcome aboard VeloceMitch,

mailto:Moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
>>We're working on the voting/poll thing, but don't hold your breathe.

Remember when we used to have the weekly poll on various topics, early-ish last year? Could the same method, whatever that was, not be used again or is this BBG too complicated for that?
>>We're working on the voting/poll thing, but don't hold your breathe.
Remember when we used to have the weekly poll on various
topics, early-ish last year? Could the same method, whatever that was,
not be used again or is this BBG too complicated for
that?

Funny you should mention that; it's exactly what DD is looking into.
Funny you should mention that; it's exactly what DD is looking into.

Don't remind me. Now where did I leave my stress pills.

>>Don't remind me. Now where did I leave my stress pills

If you *really* want stress, I can start appearing here more than once every week or so? Just let me know... ;)
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - spikeyhead {p}
The 405 and the Mundano, cos they are the most boring cars left
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Hugo {P}
Well here's mine....

DD it's TWO cars now isn't it? Just checking ;)

Well.. the Alpha 156 because and just because of ND! Nothing personal now you do understand :O)

The 405. Its a good car and I always liked but I always thought it was a pity it put the Xantia in the shade. Same mechanics apart from that LHM setup but who has ridden in a Xantia WITH the suspesion working properly?

OK not many of you I know because more often than not that suspension was never working properly!

Hugo
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - PhilW

I liked a mate\'s 405 GTX - rapid and handled well and in its day it looked a bit different - so I\'d keep that. The ALFA is pretty and since I\'ll never own one reliability isn\'t a problem (as apparently with ND and Bazza as owners). Don\'t know anything about Tuscans but would probably enjoy a drive in one so it looks like the Mondeo and the SEAT are going - both are rather boring aren\'t they - well, to look at anyway, and that\'s as good a reason as any.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Febus
405- boring
and old

Mondeo- boring and old

BOOT EM OUT
Would the moderator's please take a big stick to the motoring enthusiasts who spell ALFA as "Alpha".
It makes me cross.
Ta.
;)
Would the moderator's please take a big stick to the motoring
enthusiasts who spell ALFA as "Alpha".
It makes me cross.
Ta.
;)

Wot he said :)

"ALPHA" is the 1st letter of the greek alphabet
"ALFA" is an acronym
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Alfafan {P}
And for those of you who are wondering:

Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica di Automobili: which I believe means (I don't speak Italian) Lombarda Automobile Factory Ltd: company founded 1910.

Taken over 1915 by Nicola Romeo

Just thought I'd share that with everybody :)
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - PAJ
Please evict:

1. Peugeot 405
2. Ford Mondeo

They're dull and massively forgettable. I'm sorry to see the 156 getting so many votes. People who have never owned an Alfa are, yet again, harping on about their unreliability. Mine's been a cracker for 70,000 miles.
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Roberson
Now its getting harder, a bit.

1. The Ford Mondeo. Still not as good as everyone makes them out to be. Average yes, Above average, definatly not.

2. Seat Leon. Not a bad car, but not a one that I would have.

Roberson
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Mapmaker
Good, we've got rid of the Landbruiser. Just the TVR to bully out as a matter of urgency.

Then the Leon - as I'm not certain what it is...
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Dupes
chuck out the Seat Leon - very boring and based on an even more boring car, the Golf. not fun to drive. dull interior

The Mondeo as well - boring boring boring -the new supposidly great handling one isn't - why, because these days that trasnslates as mild understeer on the limit to the journo's (nothing else at all)Zero fun, zero throttle adjustability at the rear, totally mundane, ugly. mr average

Save the others as
405, good handling for time, huge boot/space, handsome, last for ever
Tuscan - one word - Awesome, and not poor VFM, but the best bang per buck you can get. love looks, and SOUND!
156 - beauty, class, reliable as any other mainstream car if not more so in last 5 years, fun to drive, individual - Shame the dealers are RUBBISH
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - NowWheels
Peugeot 405 and Alfa 156, 'cos ...

a) HJ voted for 'em
b) they both have numbers not names
a) Toadying won't get you anywhere
b) Yeah, and they all have engines and wheels and pollute the planet.
a) Toadying won't get you anywhere

maybe, but that wasn't the point -- I just thought that it was nice to agree on something!
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Imagos
Peugeot 405 and Alfa 156, 'cos ...
b) they both have numbers not names

hang on, i said that!!
That's alright, it didn't make sense when you said it either ;)

Think about it. If a car needs an evocative name to give it a semblance of being interesting, maybe it isn't really that interesting in itself?
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - PR {P}
Seat Leon

Pug 405
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - MichaelR
I love the way Alfa ownership seemingly entitles you to brand a car you've probably never driven as 'Boring', probably becuase it has the wrong badge, or is 'just a Ford' ;)

If you wish to whinge about Mondeos being boring, I will continue to complain about Alfas being unreliable. Of course, it seems neither are true these days, but an eye for an eye, eh :)
I love the way Alfa ownership seemingly entitles you to brand
a car you've probably never driven as 'Boring', probably becuase it
has the wrong badge, or is 'just a Ford' ;)
If you wish to whinge about Mondeos being boring, I will
continue to complain about Alfas being unreliable. Of course, it seems
neither are true these days, but an eye for an eye,
eh :)

Er, Michael, I used to sell Mondeos for a living.
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - MichaelR
Er, Michael, I used to sell Mondeos for a living.

Erm, I guess I'd better let you off then :)

/me goes and hides
a car you've probably never driven as 'Boring', probably becuase it
has the wrong badge, or is 'just a Ford' ;)
continue to complain about Alfas being unreliable. Of course, it seems
neither are true these days, but an eye for an eye,
eh :)

it may seem that way however I have driven both the Golf and a mondeo and I'm happy to report that I found neither experience particularly exciting. Ergo I tend to think of them as boring.

I prefer to think of this as lees of a whinge more of an expression of a POV not unlike all those who slag Alfas.

Jab

@NoWheels...

I don't see how you should be entitled to a vote because you would presumably vote them all out as one anyway thus rendering the whole point behind the garage... er... pointless

JaB
@NoWheels...
I don't see how you should be entitled to a vote
because you would presumably vote them all out as one anyway
thus rendering the whole point behind the garage... er... pointless

JaB, wrong assumption :)

I wouldn't actually want to vote them all out. If it had been my garage, there are several vehicles I'd have happily kept in there, esp Renault 5 or Mondeo. But this is BB's garage, so I'm not voting here for the ones I'd like for myself
JaB, wrong assumption :)
I wouldn't actually want to vote them all out. If it
had been my garage, there are several vehicles I'd have happily
kept in there, esp Renault 5 or Mondeo. But this is
BB's garage, so I'm not voting here for the ones I'd
like for myself

Fair enough but at least give it some original thought in future and not just because "person X said to" :)

;) JaB
Fair enough but at least give it some original thought in
future and not just because "person X said to" :)

Ah, but at this stage I'm voting tactically. So if person X looks like encouraging ppl to evict cars which ain't my preferred winner, then it makes sense to vote with them
Ah, but at this stage I'm voting tactically. So if person
X looks like encouraging ppl to evict cars which ain't my
preferred winner, then it makes sense to vote with them

well change tactics then :p

preferred winner? :-)
All the eco cars have long gone :D

2CV, R5.....

;)

preferred winner? :-)
All the eco cars have long gone :D

my preferred winner is still there, chosen for reasons I set out in the first round
a car you've probably never driven as 'Boring',

I see no evidence that the majority of people who have called it boring drive Alfa's, and in fact there are several people who I know do not. (Actually, from later replies there are only two Alfa drivers who have branded it boring, and both have experience of driving a Mondeo)
continue to complain about Alfas being unreliable.

Oh, I see. You wanted to use it as an excuse to be narrow-minded yourself. Fair enough then, fire away.
Big Brother&#8217;s Garage - Round four. - Malcolm_L
Relatively speaking, Mondeos are boring compared with Alfa's.

If it doesn't break down, the Alfa is definitely more fun to drive than a Mondeo.

If the 'perceived' reliability issue affects you, you then get to develop a special relationship with your Alfa dealer.

Drive a 2.0 Alfa and a 2.0 Mondeo, if you don't grin when you get out of the Alfa - get a train.

Well, looking at the nominations so far, there is only one car that has had more votes than the other four. The other four are too close to call at the moment.

Unless things dramatically change between now and 6:30pm tonight, there will only be one eviction.

Who goes? - you decide.

Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - RichardW
I was a bit upset as the 2CV got thrown out - toys, pram and out throwing came to mind.

Anyway:

1. Modeo is just so bor zzzzzzz oh sorry, did I nod off?
2. Tuscan - cos it sounds fantastic, but I can't have one....

Painless really.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - helicopter
Out go :-

Peugot - French - enough said

Alfa - Italian , looks good but too unreliable
Alfa - Italian , looks good but too unreliable

Helicopter
Sorry to hear you had trouble with your Alfa.
Any specific problems you want to share?
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - patently
Tuscan. I can only keep trying.

Seat Leon. I would want it to seat me, not this "Leon" guy. Who is he anyway? Why does he think he would be entitled to use my car?
Seen the film? You wouldn't argue with Leon
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - patently
Seen the film? You wouldn't argue with Leon

Him maybe, but not the little girl.

For info, only one car - the Peugeot 405 (26 votes), has been evicted from this round.

Voting over for round four. For the next round, and to see the remaining cars, goto thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23858
Big Brother?s Garage - Round four. - Imagos
er.. shouldn't this be read only now?
er.. shouldn't this be read only now?

I left this and all the previous BB garage threads unlocked so people can continue to comment on what people have said, if they so wish. Won't make any difference to the votes though. Voting for this round is over.

DD.