What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
lpg conversion - Range Rover 4.2LSE - v8man
I have recently converted my 4.2LSE Range Rover to gas. It runs fine on petrol but hunts at idle on gas although from 1000rpm on it is fine. Does any one have any words of wisdom?
lpg conversion - Range Rover 4.2LSE - Collos25
Had the same problem with an Explorer.The cause lies in the fact that the ECU does not like the tickover on gas .Sometimes if you have an automatic you may get stalling in overrun as the revs drop below 600 causing all sorts of problems.There is no simple answer ,there are different sizes of intake restricter to help sort this problem, trial and error.I had mine taken out as it caused more problems than it was worth.Engines with carbs work a treat but not injection units with modern ECU's with emission controls. Factory fitted units on Fords ,Volvos ,GM are not heavely advertised as they have no end of problems with them.
lpg conversion - Range Rover 4.2LSE - Jeepman
Andy,
I have just bought a 93 K reg Jeep Cherokee Auto, which has had an LPG conversion fitted. In the 2 weeks I have had it, it has cut out 3 times while driving along. I have searched the net looking for an answer and your post is the best explanation I have seen. Next question is can I get the problem fixed? Ripping the LPG kit out seems a bit drastic, the reason I bought the vehicle in the first place was because it had LPG fitted. You would think that with today`s technology there would be a fix, I certainly hope so as I really like the vehicle.
Regards Roger
lpg conversion - Range Rover 4.2LSE - nick
I used to have a 96 Cherokee with lpg. Had no problems. Try the forum on the Jeep Club site.