Pug 307 models - ducati996
I\'m looking at s/h Pug 307\'s as a replacement car.

Can anyone here pls advise which models have the two front armrests on the seats?

Cheers!!

ducati996
PUG 307 models - LeePower
Hi

Do yourself a favour & look at something else, Something that wont break down or have endless electrical problems & doesnt fall to bits.
So to some up, something that isnt French!

You will kick yourself if you get one of these!
PUG 307 models - BobbyG
Where is the 307 made?
PUG 307 models - SjB {P}
... So to some up, something that isnt French! ...

So that'll be my wifes ten year old 306 Sedan that never misses a beat then, and for which in all it's life the only non servicing or wear and tear costs have been a water pump, clutch cable, and wing mirror that got broken?

Just like Vauxhall's are complete heaps, when I've owned two Vectra V6 models, and my brother two Vectras and two Astras, none of which have had any reliability or other quality problems I suppose.

There's nothing like a bit of generalisation...
PUG 307 models - SjB {P}
... Vauxhall's ...

Nooo... Apostrophe abuse in a momentary lapse. Sorry, All!

Guilty as charged, and I do know better!
PUG 307 models - Pugugly {P}
Nooo... Apostrophe abuse in a momentary lapse. Sorry, All!

Excellent !
Hi

The older Peugeots are well built, It all went wrong when they launched the 206, then it got even worse with the Multiplex wiring system.

Its up to you what car you buy in the end, But its a good idea to ask people in know in the trade first to avoid a dissapointment!

Hi

Never liked Vauxhalls, Rusty & mean spec. The dealers in Northants are total idiots, They either dont want to sell you a car, there loss of £15 K then. Or they charge the earth to fix one if your stupid enough to take a car there.
PUG 307 models - Singer-G
Vauxhalls rusty? They had serious rust problems in the 70s. I thought that reputation had died by now.
PUG 307 models - Andrew-T
AFAIK, 307s made in France and maybe elsewhere, 206s made near Coventry.
PUG 307 models - Altea Ego
so why do you run around in a 405 then Lee?
I run around in a 405 because its well built, dosent drink petrol & bits dont fall off it.
Thats something a 307 owner cant match!
PUG 307 models - ducati996

Our current car is a 96 Vectra which is currently growing rust patches on the rear arches & round the rear wiper arm hence no more vauxhalls!

I had a 307 as a company car & to be honest it didnt cause me any troubles?

Does anyone know aboth the armrest question pls?

ducati996
PUG 307 models - Andrew-T
Sneak into a Pug dealer and ask for a free brochure - they used to show which models had each extra (maybe they don't do that any more).
PUG 307 models - PhilW
Have you tried
www.peugeot.co.uk
??
PUG 307 models - PhilW
Oh, and by the way
"Something that wont break down or have endless electrical problems & doesnt fall to bits"
I also hate these generalisations. If you followed my experience for reliability you would all be driving Citroens. As I have said before - in 17 years of running them (often 2 -one for wife one for me) I have yet to experience a breakdown. Wife has had one - broken throttle cable. Oh, and my daughter just bought a new Clio - because she like them and loved her previous one and the Renault 5 that went before it, and my son has a Clio because he likes it. And all have proved very reliable.
And ...I have also always fancied an Alfa..... but I don't even know what the latest Corolla looks like!!
If you fancy a 307, buy one
PUG 307 models - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone know aboth the armrest question pls?

According to the Pug website:- www.peugeot.co.uk

or more specifically, the pdf download of the 307:- www.peugeot.co.uk/ppp/PPPWEBUK/Brochures_Peugeot/t...f

Only the SE & XSi models come with front armrests.

Thanks for the help.

The 307's we are looking at are 2001 models which is a bit more tricky as Peugeot seem to have re-arranged the model line up.

I believe my Pug was a LX (with wheel trims) but they now do a Rapier which doesn't seem to have armrests but it comes with alloys etc!!!

ducati996
PUG 307 models - Wilco {P}
The 307's we are looking at are 2001 models which
is a bit more tricky as Peugeot seem to have re-arranged
the model line up.
I believe my Pug was a LX (with wheel trims)
but they now do a Rapier which doesn't seem to have
armrests but it comes with alloys etc!!!

Correct - the Rapier doesn't have the armrest as standard although it was an option.

Being a current owner, wouldn't recommend one - make sure that the Comm 2000 indicator fix has been done, listen out for groaning/knocking suspension front and rear, and niggly electrical faults.

On the positive side the climate control works well!

Thanks for the advice Artful Dodger.

So the Rapier might be available with the armrests. I found the seats really comfy with the armrests on my LX & so would like them if we decided to get a 307.

ducati996