Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec - Lack of knowledge about engine cover and under tra - Older'ndust

Not sure if should have posted this or in general discussion, however, am looking to purchase used model of above car for towing a caravan. On checking MOT history, this has been a recurring theme over the years.

My question then is, when coming across this issue on MOT tests, could this be hiding a significant issue for the car going forward in respect of possibly costly repairs. My instinct tells me it is, however, I am not very well up on any cars younger than late 70's models.

Thanks.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec - Lack of knowledge about engine cover and under tra - elekie&a/c doctor
Most modern cars have some type of plastic engine cover or undertray . Mot test does not allow removal of these for in depth inspection of the areas obscured by these covers . What age Mondeo are you looking at?
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec - Lack of knowledge about engine cover and under tra - Older'ndust

Thanks for your response. It's a 2017 reg.

I have since managed to find some information on this issue, so maybe having one fitted on a younger car is less likely to be an issue than not?

However, this does make me wonder how much extra work this would take for any mechanic servicing my car to take off and check the issues it may obscure for the MOT would cost?

Hey ho. This would appear to be an issue of swings and roundabouts. Better for the engine, but leaves things a little more uncertain, especially in older vehicles.

Have only just changed my mind about going for a tow car as opposed to a more modern lower MPG car, so we can still haul our caravan around the country, having recently written of a 2013 Mondeo. Just appears to not be my month! Or maybe that was just August. ;-p