What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - Charl_ie

Hi all, I have the following advisories on the MOT that is due by the middle of next month - I know, should have got them sorted when I got the MOT done last year!! I own a car, but unfortunately don't know much about them - need to sort this but that's for another time.

* Front exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases FLANGE AND BOX WELD. 6.1.2(a)

* Central Rear Exhaust mounting defective RUBBER SNAPPED 6.1.2(a)

*Offside Front Direction indicator slightly discoloured BULD PEEL 4.4.3(a)

* Offside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s)

* Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened x2 1.1.14(a)(ii)

* Rear Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrule x2 1.1.12(f)(i)

So my question is, from the above advisories, what are the chances of it passing this time round? Or is it going to cost me.

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - badbusdriver

Not sure it is possible for anyone to to say which, if any, of those advisories from last year will fail the car this time.

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - Charl_ie

Thanks, it was a long shot in the hope of getting some sort of idea of what it's going to cost me - hindsight is a great thing isn't it. Lesson learnt, sort it at the time.

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - sammy1

None seem that serious Exhaust should be sorted otherwise let it take its chances again

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - elekie&a/c doctor
Put it in for a test . It might fail on a load of other issues, apart from the advisories from last time .
Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - Andrew-T

Advisories are just that - advising you that in 12 months time some of these points may become failures. Especially those saying 'minor' or 'slightly'. Other advisories may magically disappear,

I would think you might be able to DiY the rubber exhaust mount if you can get under the car. If the brakes are behaving normally the pitting is probably OK, and you may be able to wire-brush that rusty ferrule. Otherwise just book the test a bit early and see what happens.

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - edlithgow

I would fix them (DIY) IF I could see them, but IIRC MOT advisories were often visible only to that particular MOT tester on that particular day, so they might never be seen or heard of again.

Computerised records might have given them more persistence since I last had an MOT though.

Citroen C4 - MOT Advisories - help - edlithgow
Same applies to MOT fails