What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition - chas
Does anyone remember the Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition System from about 10/20 years ago?

(They were one of the first D-I-Y Electronc Ignition Systems for cars )
Anyone know the name and address of the manufacturer? .

Has anyone seen one for sale lately?

Any information gratefully received.
Re: Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition - Michael Thomas
My dad fitted one to his Cortina MK4 and it proved to be unreliable and so he went back to the manual choke.

The Sparkrite brand is under the ownership of Stadium Electronics now. Try: Stadium Group PLC, Stephen House, Brenda Road, Hartlepool, TS25 2BQ. Or: 01429 266544.

Do you really need a Sparkrite ignition set? Members of the Rover P6 Owners Club swear by Lumenition sets which aren't too expensive and easy to fit.
Re: Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition - Keith
"My dad fitted one to his Cortina MK4 and it proved to be unreliable and so he went back to the manual choke."

The SX2000 was not a choke conversion kit.

Chas - I bought a SX2000 as a kit (had to solder the PCB and wire it all up) in 1981 for £19.95. Fitted it to a new Datsun Bluebird until I sold the car 4 years later. Never had any problems and it did drastically reduce wear on the contact breakers. Haven't used it since then as all my cars have had electronic ignition.

Phone No. for Sparkrite is 01429 862616 (taken from Index catalogue) but I'd be surprised if they can help with questions etc on the SX2000. I seem to remember they went bust years ago but, as Michael Thomas stated, now seem to be part of Stadium and sell alarms under the Sparkrite brand. I think the address is Stephen House, Brenda Road, Hartlepool, TS25 2BQ.

Anyway, I still have it complete with original box but no instructions. However, the box contains full technical info + a wiring diagram. You can have it for the cost of the postage - no use to me, been in the garage for 16 years.

E-mail me if interested but I'm abroad from Saturday for a week or two.

Keith
Re: Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition - Cliff Pope
Lots of classic car and other enthusiasts use Luminition.
In my experience it is totally reliable, and keeps the timing spot on for years. It also gives a better spark.

Cliff Pope
Re: Sparkrite SX2000 Electronic Ignition - chas
Many thanks for all the information and offers.
I will contact the offers directly via Email
Thanks again
chas