What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Confusion - French exit control - _

I really had to smile this afternoo at Calais, Got picked on for a vehicle check on leaving, no problems, Joked that I had no refugees in the boot.. when they were done, (quickly and efficiently, the lady said.. "What car is that? " had to spell Ssangyong for them..

Offered the letters taken off the back when the ding was repaired do that the could try to make words using those letters. Politely declined..

New museum at Waterloo was very good, Royal Belgian miltary history and aviation museum was good too....

Confusion - French exit control - Andrew-T

New museum at Waterloo was very good, Royal Belgian military history and aviation museum was good too....

That's the place, not the station ? :-)

New museum at Waterloo was very good, Royal Belgian military history and aviation museum was good too....

That's the place, not the station ? :-)

Yep !. And climbed the Lions Mound, all 226 steps. on a very hot day.

Confusion - French exit control - alan1302

Joked that I had no refugees in the boot..

I bet that jokes gets boring very fast for the workers there!

Confusion - French exit control - Metropolis.
I wonder if the traffickers ever say it too, could be a new tactic. Or the dashboard?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7073037/amp/Refug...l

Confusion - French exit control - Crickleymal
I wonder if the traffickers ever say it too, could be a new tactic. Or the dashboard? www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7073037/amp/Refug...l

b***** hell. I go caving but I'd baulk at bring tucked into that space for more than a few minutes. (Mind you the caves seem to be shrinking nowadays, must be the hot weather)

Confusion - French exit control - Surreydriver

How big is the royal belgian military and aviation museum?

It is quite big... The museum say to allow a minimum of 3 hours. we spent 5 and a bit hours and missed a bit. Autoworld is opposite. (did not do that as no time.

The medieval section is good, but dim, we had to use my phone torch to read some of the descriptions.

There is a huge collection of cannon and mortars all around and also pistols, flintlocks and rifles, including some more modern stuff. a 1914-18 section and 1939-1945. a collection with various military vehicles. The aviation hall has some interesting specimens but is dusty and the gallery upstairs is closed and a lot of signage is poor,, but in my view all of it still worth the visit. There is also a small Naval section.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Museum_of_the_Armed_Fo...y

We parked at the park and ride

www.mypark.be/?utm_source=gmb metro line straight across, no changes

we were about 6 hours parking 7 euros right next to the western brussels ring.

you have to go onto the northbound ramp and make sure you keep right for the car park. It is ticketless, uses number plate recognition. pay at the lift doors on each floor or at the office ground floor.

We did Waterloo the day before, a 72yr old me and and an 81 yr old climbed 226 steps on the lions mound. new museum was good and the panorama ok.

Avoid at all costs the resturant next door. non existent waiting staff. we left, after we had waited 25 minutes and still nobody to order from.

We stayed at the Ten Lande, Beernem, about 15 kms from bruges, close to the autoroute.a lovely quirky B&B about an hour away from the brussels park and ride, suited us nicely. Lovely hosts, good breakfast. free parking, some nice cycling routes down the country lanes at the side.

Belgian friterie not far away, next to a Chinese restaurant, and some other very nice ones in the town

Edited by _ORB_ on 16/06/2023 at 14:57