What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
What do I choose? - John Ryder
I am about to change my Peugeot 307 SRTD, registered in November '94.
I can afford more than in previous years, but I still want the economy of a diesel and good residual value.
I have test driven a Peugeot 206cc and 307, Renault Laguna and Scenic and a BMW Compact. What shall I choose?
Re: What do I choose? - Mike Harvey
I think all of the cars are good, so choose the one you like best. Residual value is a bit of a lottery anyway, as values in years to come tend to be dictated by fashion or historic reliability. You may consider giving the Laguna a miss on this score.
Mike
Re: What do I choose? - Ashley
I test drove a Peugeot 206 1.9D 3dr before i bought my Polo 1.9 Sdi and found the Peugeot a bit sluggish. Also, there were rattles coming from everywhere and the car had only done 8k. Nice looking car though.

Take a look at a Polo 1.4 Tdi 3 cylinder, my brother has one and it goes like stink. Cheap tax too !
Re: What do I choose? - christopher watson
i quite like the citroen C5. i cant say much about these cars, but are very practical.
Re: What do I choose? - Lucy James
Diddums !

Men - Why can't they make a decision and stick to it ?? What shall I spend XXX grand on etc. There are so many messages like this on here " I fancy an open sports car, but I need to tow a horsebox " PLEASE ! -

All of the vehicles you describe are totally different and fulfill different needs entirely... go for the BMW with a 2 litre Turbodiesel - or why not a VW Golf / Audi A3 TDI PD ?

How long do you expect to keep it ? the 206CC would be good for a year or two until it starts falling apart. You'll lose all your money on the renault over 3 years. The 307 is Ugly. There - the decision is made.......
Re: What do I choose? - honest john
If you can afford a Compact with the new 150bhp 2.0 litre common rail diesel, go for that. The old Compact holds its svalue even better than an E36 Coupe.

HJ