What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Scrap dealers - Crickleymal

Someone on a forum, could have been here I can't remember, mentioned a scrap dealers that you contacted online who paid more than you'd get at your local scrappy. Anyone have an idea who that might be?

Scrap dealers - mcb100
Just Google ‘Scrsp s car’ and take your pick.
Get a price from a few and go with whichever you want. I’ve used 3 or 4 online offers , never had an issue, always got paid promptly.
Used www.scrapcarnetwork.org/lite?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2_j...E last time.

Edited by mcb100 on 12/02/2023 at 08:19

Scrap dealers - badbusdriver

Someone on a forum, could have been here I can't remember, mentioned a scrap dealers that you contacted online who paid more than you'd get at your local scrappy. Anyone have an idea who that might be?

Such a statement is fundamentally flawed.

The person who made it could only be comparing the online breakers price to their own local one. The price of scrap metal varies depending on where you are in the country, so unless your local breaker is the same as the person who made the statement, there is no reason to assume it would apply to you.

Also, an online breaker is going to have a yard, which has to be somewhere. It could be local to you, but it is definitely local to someone!.

No breaker, online or otherwise, is going to collect a car from any part of the country with no charge. So any assumption that you will get a better deal online is going to hinge around that.

As mcb says, just try a few, both local and online.

Edited by badbusdriver on 12/02/2023 at 09:21