What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - John Boy

news.sky.com/story/gwent-police-spend-40-000-on-cr...3

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - edlithgow

No.

It isnt

Tuk Tuks are 2-strokes.

Hence the name

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - badbusdriver

No.

It isnt

Tuk Tuks are 2-strokes.

Hence the name

So if you take the engine out of a Tuk Tuk, what is it called?

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - bathtub tom

I spent a little time working on one of these, an Italian Ape (Italian for bee IIRC). Had a 50cc engine under the body with an electric start (that didn't work) and a pull start in the cab (that had a broken cable). Push started fine. With the handlebar controls (clutch and gears on LH handlebars, throttle and brake on RH) that I recall from 60s scooters. Owner decided they didn't want to pay to have the body off to fix the electric start, or to source the piano wire required for the pull start. Don't know what happened to it.

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - focussed

I spent a little time working on one of these, an Italian Ape (Italian for bee IIRC). Had a 50cc engine under the body with an electric start (that didn't work) and a pull start in the cab (that had a broken cable). Push started fine. With the handlebar controls (clutch and gears on LH handlebars, throttle and brake on RH) that I recall from 60s scooters. Owner decided they didn't want to pay to have the body off to fix the electric start, or to source the piano wire required for the pull start. Don't know what happened to it.

Valentino Rossi started his racing career as a kid smoking one of these contraptions about his home town of Tavullia.

The madness continues;-

www.motorcyclistonline.com/racing-piaggio-ape-thre.../

No.

It isnt

Tuk Tuks are 2-strokes.

Hence the name

Its called a silly question, unless the punch line is unusually funny.

No.

It isnt

Tuk Tuks are 2-strokes.

Hence the name

We don't really have special words for vehicles with their engines removed (Though maybe the Thais do).

A Royce isn't a Rolls Royce without the wherewithal to roll. Even a horseless carriage isn't just a carriage without a horse. That'd be a carriage,

"Hulk" (as in the prison hulks at the beginning of Great Expectations) is the only example I can think of. It refers to a dismasted sailing vessel, but I THINK I've seen the term applied to other vehicles, particularly tanks, which also have "hulls", nautical stylee.

So you could have that. Hulk tuk tuk, or more succinctly, hulk-tuk

If you really neeed the engineless tuk tuk to have its very own term, kut tuk might work.

At least in English

Edited by edlithgow on 29/10/2022 at 16:01

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - Metropolis.
If it was a four stroke, would it be a Tuk Tuk Tuk Tuk?

If it was a four stroke, would it be a Tuk Tuk Tuk Tuk?

No.

Because four strokes exist. and they (AFAIK) aren't.

No need to be hypothetical

But the question should really go to HJ, who's been in Thailand more recently than I have.

I've been in Taiwan

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - Crickleymal

I've always wanted a Tuk Tuk

Tut tut, it's a Tuk Tuk - Falkirk Bairn

Police Scotland has spent some £12m on electric vehicles BUT almost nothing on charging points.

Extension leads out of Police stations to get some charge to get to Council/private charging points!

Police Scotland has spent some £12m on electric vehicles BUT almost nothing on charging points.

Extension leads out of Police stations to get some charge to get to Council/private charging points!

The Long Lead of The Law