What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Honda Civic - Steveieb

Details of yet another Civic launched today

http://email.honda.co.uk/q/17FELXwm412HYoUMyvazmv/wv

Stying not as controversial but no petrol versions .

New Honda Civic - badbusdriver

No 'just petrol' versions, but that is only to be expected given the rest of Honda's UK range is hybrid only.

Toned down styling should appeal to their traditional elderly customers !

New Honda Civic - badbusdriver

Toned down styling should appeal to their traditional elderly customers !

I'm not so sure, look at how many older folk bought a Nissan Juke, certainly surprised me!

New Honda Civic - Alby Back
That could be eyesight related…
;-)
New Honda Civic - catsdad

The prices are certainly eye-watering at just short of £30k. I know all car prices have shot up but going hybrid makes it an expensive option.

New Honda Civic - focussed

No more Honda's for me - they lost their way.

They don't have anything to sell me that I want to buy at a price I am willing to pay.

My last four cars have been Honda, sadly no more.

There will certainly be fewer Honda s around Swindon AKA Honda City. Almost everyone living there knew someone who worked there and bought with staff discount !

New Honda Civic - Sulphur Man

Bar Dacia, there is scarcely a new car price anywhere that doesnt raise the eyebrows.

A hybrid Golf Mk8 starts at £28K in entry-level 'Style' trim

A hybrid Renault Clio, a supermini, starts at £25K.

This new Civic is a bigger and more practical car than both, with a more advanced drivetrain. I don't think it's unreasonably priced.

I'm interested by Honda's opinion that their hybrid drivetrain is more sensible, and as efficient as a plug-in hybrid. As many plug-ins arent actually plugged in very regularly, they have a point.

New Honda Civic - SLO76

No more Honda's for me - they lost their way.

They don't have anything to sell me that I want to buy at a price I am willing to pay.

My last four cars have been Honda, sadly no more.

Me too. I don’t want a costly hybrid that does only a few mpg more than a normal petrol equivalent but adds £5k or so to the asking price. None of Honda’s current range do anything for me so swmbo’s HRV will almost certainly be the last.
New Honda Civic - Falkirk Bairn

There is a special edition Corsa available - it's £31,000!

Now that makes the Civic look cheap IMHO

New Honda Civic - Adampr

There is a special edition Corsa available - it's £31,000!

Now that makes the Civic look cheap IMHO

Presumably that's an electric one.

New Honda Civic - JonestHon

Getting a good review here

youtu.be/WD2_TQ8ZCBo

New Honda Civic - daveyK_UK
The new Civic looks a fantastic piece of kit but that £30k list price will hopefully be discounted.

New Honda Civic - TinaS

While I agree it is a handsome car there are quite a few hmmms…

Fake engine noise – no thanks.

Interior - that honeycomb grill across the dash looks nice but in practice would just be a dust trap

Boot – the reviews all seem to be glossing over the fact that, due to the hybrid bits, there is no space for a spare wheel. Same with the new HRV which I had been eyeing up as a potential future car. A dignified looking car with a nice interior – no room for a spare, just a small lidded bin for odds and ends.

Find it hard to imagine a Civic without that decent manual gearbox – the US and Canada still seem to have the option of the 1.5l petrol engine with either manual or CVT transmission. And room for a spare.

Disappointing – I like my 9th gen Civic, which has years ahead of it, but looks like it won’t be replaced with another Honda. Nevertheless, it is an interesting car and I wish Honda success with it.