What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C3 You! - Xileno

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2022-04/entry-l.../

Apart from the silly name, this car is welcome as a cheap entry point for motorists who want new and regret the phasing out of the C1. No aircon though. Certainly worth a look in addition to the Sandero. Looks like it might ride well with sensible deep profile tyres.

Citroen C3 You! - daveyK_UK
The price tag doesn’t make it stand out enough.

The Sandero now starts from £11495, if Citroen had gone in a pound less it would have received considerable free press as Britain’s cheapest car.

The Citroen C3 you is slightly worse specced than the cheapest Sandero in the UK (remember the poverty spec Sandero is no longer on sale). Both have decent non touch screen stereos and cruise control but the Sandero comes with air con.

I would rather have the Sandero than the C3 although with inflation it’s not as much of a bargain anymore and the 5 month waiting list for a factory build is a pain.

Citron C3 you wait is 11 weeks if you go for the free colour option (which is a metallic surprisingly), 14 weeks for the other colours.

The Dacia finance offer is far superior to Citroens, 5.9% vs 9.9% plus Dacia throw in the first 2 services for free.

The MG3 would be considered a rival if it didn’t have such an awful 1.5 petrol engine which makes the car a difficult choice when there are far nicer, easier to live with rivals.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 14/04/2022 at 08:09

Citroen C3 You! - catsdad

The market will decide but I think Citroen can command a premium over Dacia and knocking a chunk off the C3 price would hit any profit hard.

I also wonder about the effect on used C3 prices. A new C3 for the price of a used 2018 (higher spec) one will tempt some folks. Not so good if you already own one and were looking to change. Trade-in prices for C3s will presumably soften.

All that said my 2018 Golf 1.4 is priced at £13k by WBAC. There is no way I would swap for either of these budget options but I am not their target market.

Citroen C3 You! - John F

.... a cheap entry point for motorists who want new......

Won't the vast majority of those who can afford to buy (or rent for a four figure annual sum) a car costing a five figure sum want air conditioning? Or is it just the UK models that lack it?

Citroen C3 You! - Terry W

Recently spent several weeks in Spain and needed to hire cars. Drove 3 - Vauxhall Corsa (old model), Seat Ibiza, and Citroen C3.

All were basic spec, low powered. The C3 stood out as the most pleasant to be in - seat comfort, suspension compliance. Not the sharpest handling - it depends what you want.

Have been considering a second car to replace 12 year old Hyundai. The C3 would be top of the list but for the absence of air-con in this version. Sandero does look interesting!

Citroen C3 You! - Metropolis.
No aircon, no sale
Citroen C3 You! - Xileno

Lack of aircon wouldn't put me off - I don't think. Although it might be one of those things you don't miss until you don't have it...

However I would still rather spend the C3 money on a different nearly new car although that probably doesn't buy much at the moment.

Citroen C3 You! - groaver

I applaud Citroen for providing a relatively affordable new car when most manufacturers are slimming their range down at the expense of the cheaper end.

A good first car (if you have the funding)?

Citroen C3 You! - RT

I applaud Citroen for providing a relatively affordable new car when most manufacturers are slimming their range down at the expense of the cheaper end.

Citroen have indeed slimmed down their range at the cheaper end, taking the C1 out of production and ending the joint production venture with Toyota - no doubt this is part of Stellantis's rationalisation with too many brands and too many models.

Citroen have indeed slimmed down their range at the cheaper end, taking the C1 out of production and ending the joint production venture with Toyota - no doubt this is part of Stellantis's rationalisation with too many brands and too many models.

They are rumoured to be working on a 4 seater small electric which will be availed as a Fiat / Peugeot / Citroen / Opel which will replace the C1/108 but be considerably more expensive. The current C3 ends late next year and will be replaced with a rebadged Peugeot 208/Vauxhall Corsa. A Fiat version will also be made available at the same time.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 16/04/2022 at 06:52

Citroen C3 You! - Officina red
The OP has made a mistake the C3 you trim has manual air con, the higher range trims have climate control air con
Game changer.

Then we have a genuine rival to the sandero , just a shame the Citroen c3 you has such a high PCP rate at 9.9%
Citroen C3 You! - _
The OP has made a mistake the C3 you trim has manual air con, the higher range trims have climate control air con.

Comfort & Convenience

• Electric front windows
  • Manual air-conditioning
  • Cruise control with speed limiter.

From the citroen configurator page,

Citroen C3 You! - Xileno

I'm sure it can be specced up but the article is about the £12995 You! which does not come with aircon. Unless the article is wrong...

Citroen C3 You! - Chris M

As has already been stated, the Citroen configurator says it has manual air conditioning. Therefore the article is wrong. Either wrong information was supplied to HJ by Citroen or sloppy writing.

Strangely, metallic paint (one colour) is standard and flat white a £295 extra.