Used MPV's which is better bet - GraF

This will probably start an interesting and maybe heated debate lol

Sub £2k ish MPV Petrol

Ford C-Max vs Vauxhall Zafira vs VW Touran ( or others if people feel strongly enough )

Presuming they had good service history and under say 120k miles which one would you trust to drive 600 miles to Cornwall back if you had the choice

Look forward to the answers..

Used MPV's which is better bet - SLO76
I’d buy more on condition and history between the C-max and Zafira at this money but I would rule the VW out because it’s more likely to go wrong. Engines are known for a multitude of issues and they’re known for electrical gremlins aplenty as they age. The Mk V Golf they’re based on was far from VW’s finest moment as does not justify the image built up by previous VW products.

If however an identically well preserved example of both the Ford and Vauxhall were to present themselves (almost 100% unlikely) then I’d go for the 1.6 petrol C-Max. They drive well, they’re reliable, comfortable and cheap to run. Rust is the big worry here so it needs thoroughly checked underneath and scrutinise that Mot history for mention of structural rust. The Zafira is bland to look at and to drive but they’re very practical and the 1.6 petrol is robust. With either model I’d avoid the diesels.
Used MPV's which is better bet - badbusdriver

This will probably start an interesting and maybe heated debate lol

Why heated?

Any sub £2k car is going to be a risky buy, but (with a n/a petrol engine) none of the three inherantly unreliable. Look at their MOT histories for signs of impending doom and to get an idea of how well (or otherwise) they have been looked after, beyond that buy on condition. Just keep your expectations in line with the price and be aware that you get what you pay for.

( or others if people feel strongly enough )

Toyota Corolla Verso, Mazda 5, Honda FRV. Though to be clear, I don't feel particularly strongly about it, just that with such a small budget, you need to open up your choices as much as possible. For that reason, I'd also be looking at estate versions of family hatchbacks.

Used MPV's which is better bet - Xileno

At this end of the market, you will need to be confident in buying privately. Any car in this price range at a garage will be mostly valeted junk.

Used MPV's which is better bet - GraF

thx for the comments

Used MPV's which is better bet - SLO76

At this end of the market, you will need to be confident in buying privately. Any car in this price range at a garage will be mostly valeted junk.

Absolutely agree. Any sub £2k motor with a dealer will typically be a sub £1k heap with dressed tyres.
Used MPV's which is better bet - daveyK_UK
Lease a Dacia jogger for £185 down, £185 a month.

It will cost you £2200 a year, be far more reliable and economical than any old knackered sub £2k banger you can find, nicer to drive and live with.

It’s a no brainier.