What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
You've got to love the Japanese! - badbusdriver

watch

Just came upon this (YouTube) video clip where a variety of tyre types are sent down a ski jump. There is something strangely compelling about it, but maybe that is just me!.

The last tyre sent down, a big chunky one from some kind of construction vehicle (requiring two 'handlers' to set it off) destroys the 'flick' at the end of the ramp but still sets the second furthest distance :-)

You've got to love the Japanese! - Sofa Spud

Here's a Russian take on creative use of a big tyre . . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCOkjQmQq9I

You've got to love the Japanese! - Engineer Andy

watch

Just came upon this (YouTube) video clip where a variety of tyre types are sent down a ski jump. There is something strangely compelling about it, but maybe that is just me!.

The last tyre sent down, a big chunky one from some kind of construction vehicle (requiring two 'handlers' to set it off) destroys the 'flick' at the end of the ramp but still sets the second furthest distance :-)

It would've been intersting to see them do it again in real snowy conditions and to see what difference winter, all season and summer tyres made!

I wonder if there's a Jacka$$ or that Japanese equivalent show doing the same with people inside the tyres?

Edited by Engineer Andy on 16/01/2022 at 13:48

You've got to love the Japanese! - madf

watch

Brilliant.

Thanks.

You've got to love the Japanese! - S40 Man

Not too sure about the folks at the bottom of the jump. That didn't look a safe place to be?

You've got to love the Japanese! - Engineer Andy

Not too sure about the folks at the bottom of the jump. That didn't look a safe place to be?

Especially when you might recall what often happens when an F1 car's tyre comes off in a crash, bouncing down the track and sometimes right over the high safety fence into the crowd beyond.

You've got to love the Japanese! - Metropolis.
That last one is like when the overweight kid finally gets given the rugby ball and thinks “my time to shine”