Another car suggestions request - wantstolearn

Budget max £10000. Usually drive around 6,000 pa on A roads, avoid motorways. Steady driving.

Looking for something similar size to ix 20. Need high driving position. Must be petrol and automatic.

Open to any suggestions.

Another car suggestions request - SLO76
How out of touch am I? Just had a quick look in your area with your £10k budget in mind and I’m horrified by the prices. £8500 for a 61 plate Fiesta!!! Most small petrol autos that fit your budget are all 6/7yrs old plus. Spotted a Mazda 2 but I suspect that although this is a much better car than the Hyundai/Kia it won’t suit. There’s a few old shape 7/8yr old Honda Jazz CVT’s but I wouldn’t pay anything close to the money they’re asking. You’ve missed the boat here, prices have rocketed in the last few months to the point where I simply wouldn’t buy a car at all at the moment unless my own one was written-off.

I value your opinion. Car is fine but would like auto. I prefer cars before ISG etc. However not giving away low mileage, fsh car for peanuts.

Will wait to see what New Year brings. Thanks again.

Another car suggestions request - Andrew-T

Will wait to see what New Year brings.

Pre-Christmas period used to be a good time to buy, as punters were believed to be spending elsewhere. That may no longer be true, and if traders are selling fewer cars they may hope for bigger margins on those they do sell ?

Thanks Andrew. I tend to over think so will see if anything appears as an outlier ????

Another car suggestions request - Oli rag
I just wondered why the OP has now discounted an ix20 when it seems the obvious choice?

Fair point. My first two are still ix20 and Venga. However, few about and silly prices. Having limited knowledge I wondered if there might be something I'd missed. Thanks for asking.

Another car suggestions request - elekie&a/c doctor
How about a Suzuki Vitara ? Slightly higher driving position and very spacious. Bought one earlier this year , 2015 privately owned , in mint condition for £8.5 k . Might suit your needs .

Thanks I'll have a look.