What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - bladest

Hi all please advice me since i already own 3 cars which are currently either in process of being sold , so for my next car i want to have at least dual or quadriple brake piston calipers , car should at least year 2012/ petrol or diesel i dont mind or hybrid as well,

reliability needs to be good, and comfortable seats with at least 4 options to regulate the lumbar support, simular to LEXUS GS year 2012 and up

i cant provide pictures here since forum doesnt allow me but

"A new front seat features a lower hip point, placing the driver closer to the GS's centre of gravity, and combines optimum holding ability with superlative comfort. An extended seat sliding range caters for the widest possible cross-section of occupants. As well as a new mid seat back folding adjustment, multiple adjustment mechanisms include a butterfly headrest, shoulder support, side support, 4-way lumbar support, and a cushion length adjustable by 76mm ."

Gs is discontunued and hard to find but so far i have not seen other car with more adjustments...

So requierments 4 brake piston calipers brakes like gs, comfortable seats, good reliability, and it should be quick as well at least 0-60 at least 6-7 seconds... not 9-10 or more...

Every advice is welcome car must be 4 seated sedan car.

with 4 doors.

budget maximum for used car is around 25.000gbp.

Car must be used not brand new.

Car must not be coupe or suv.

Edited by bladest on 31/10/2021 at 01:45

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - drbe

Why the insistence on "at least dual or quadriple brake piston calipers"?

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - catsdad

Perhaps because he has run out of other questions to ask. Bladest comes on every few weeks with queries about aspects of cars he is intending to buy but he never reaches any conclusion.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - galileo

Perhaps because he has run out of other questions to ask. Bladest comes on every few weeks with queries about aspects of cars he is intending to buy but he never reaches any conclusion.

And doesn't know we don't have "sedans" in the UK - used to have them with two blokes carrying an enclosed chair a few hundred years ago.

Edited by galileo on 31/10/2021 at 12:04

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - Metropolis.
But they did have 4 brake shoes!
Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - focussed

From my experience of rebuilding brake calipers with multiple pistons on motorcycles, they would be best avoided on cars!

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - RT

From my experience of rebuilding brake calipers with multiple pistons on motorcycles, they would be best avoided on cars!

I hope not - my VW Touareg has 4-pot Brembos front and rear thanks to its joint development with Porsche Cayenne.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - bathtub tom

Skoda Estelle had 4-pot front calipers.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - badbusdriver

Kinda like a more practical 911.............

;-)

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - bathtub tom

Kinda like a more practical 911.............

Someone did that comparison, rear engine, semi-trailing arm rear suspension (later models), unequal length twin arms front suspension.

Can people be more serious on my topic please...

ancient car is no match for LEXUS GS..

please stick to the current topic ...

i swap my cars when i get tired of them or when i get better job.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - John F

Can people be more serious on my topic please...

Many appreciate occasional levity - people come onto this site for entertainment as well as for information. (just sewing up my split side after the '4 brake shoe' quip...would they have ABS soles?)

...ancient car is no match for LEXUS GS..

I have just helped my son change the front pads on his Mercedes S550. You may assume the 'S' is for 'sedan' as they sold a lot in the USA. There were two pistons on either side of the disc. I don't know how you define 'ancient' but despite being nearly ten years old I think you will find it compares favourably with a Lexus GS.

S-class is Above lexus gs - s class can be compared with lexus LS - their top of the line limousine of bmw 7 series for example its above our pocket, and its nightmare to maintain s class and other ultra expensive cars...

they have air matic suspension a tons of computer stuff inside...

Big sporty brakes and brake pistons is good for stopping distance for example porche uses a lot of at least dual or more brake calipers in their cars... even on older models..

Civic type r brand new have also decent brake performance.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - kiss (keep it simple)

I would hazard to guess that for all normal motoring, the limiting factor in brake performance would be tyres, road condition and the driver's reaction time.

Which Sedan have dual or 4 piston brakes, advice.. - badbusdriver

I would hazard to guess that for all normal motoring, the limiting factor in brake performance would be tyres, road condition and the driver's reaction time.

Probably also fairly safe to assume that most cars have braking ability appropriate for their performance, weight and intended usage.

So if you want particularly powerful brakes, buy a heavy, high performance car.

But it is also worth pointing out that brakes can be upgraded relatively easily.