What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Extended warranty - penguin

Hi all, my son is looking at another car, the dealership offers the rac extended warranty. Now I've heard/read these aren't great, but if he were to take it out he would get the " PLATINUM PLUS " i can't seem to find reviews on the platinum plus tier, so I wondered if anyone has this.

Please can I ask its kept to the platinum plus tier.

Many thanks

Extended warranty - badbusdriver

What make and model of car is it?

Its a jaguar xe

My son has being do a bit of research, its provided by A L A insurance and is recommended by what car, autocar & jcb. So hopefully ok.

But if anyone has this platinum plus warranty, interested to hear from you.

Thanks

Extended warranty - _

Make sure the car has a full correct service history, note, the warranty will NOT cover existing faults, take the car back to the dealer if any faults occur, it's up to them to fix them in the first 6 months, and hopefully he has bought it close to where he lives.

Look up Jaguar xe engine problems with the engine designation.

How old is the car and what engine. look at the jagyar xe forum.

Hi, its 2018, less than 20,000 miles, 2.0L diesel.

I'll get him to look into it, thanks

He hasn't bought it yet, but its possible. Mot done 3 days ago, no advisories.

Extended warranty - badbusdriver

In the 2021 What Car reliability survey, the Jaguar XE diesel is rated as the third least reliable executive car.

So if your son must have one, a warranty of some kind might not be a bad idea. Whether or not the RAC one is a good one or worth the money is a different question.

Personally, I'd rather get a reliable car.

Extended warranty - _

IF he absolutely wants an XE

As an ex jaguar Parts manager, I would say if he wants an XE get it from a Jaguar dealer, and he should get it with a MINIMUM 1 year jaguar warranty ( he can go to any dealer then.)

Link to jaguar approved used.

And make sure he asks for the condition report, paying attention to brake pad thickness and disc thickness.

used.jaguar.co.uk/approved-used/?step=carFilter&am...n[]=1&visible_in[]=3&au_jag_model[]=30836&au_jag_model[]=3267&mileage=8000&deposit=1000&term=24&monthlypay=500&payinfull=1000,200000&depositMultiple=6&maintenance=0&financeGroupType=personal&acceptedFinance=false&method=4&group_id=4

• When you buy an Approved Jaguar, we ensure you get full peace of mind with at least 12 months Approved Warranty. This is our most comprehensive mechanical and electrical component Warranty and can also cover certain consequential damages.

The Jaguar Approved Warranty is only available through an authorised Jaguar Retailer. There is no limit to the number of claims that can be made and no limit to the value of claims up to the purchase price paid for your Approved Jaguar.

Jaguar Battery Electric and Plug in Hybrid vehicles also include the balance of Battery Warranty up to 8 years and 100,000 miles.

Edited by _ORB_ on 26/09/2021 at 17:58