What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - johncyprus

A month ago I bought a bike and saw the vendor post the V5 at the time of sale. I’ve been fretting whether the V5 was ever going to come and this morning the postman delivered it.

Just posting this to warn others that the DVLA is slow these days.

Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - badbusdriver

A month ago I bought a bike and saw the vendor post the V5 at the time of sale. I’ve been fretting whether the V5 was ever going to come and this morning the postman delivered it.

Just posting this to warn others that the DVLA is slow these days.

Not sure that will be a surprise to anyone who listens to the news!.

My pal is a bus driver, DVLA have had his license for at least three months after him applying for the extension to his bus entitlement following medical, etc.

They have mine too, for the same reason, though only for about three weeks so far. Not that I want to go back to Stagecoach, but handy to have something to fall back on should I no longer be able to clean windows!. Mind you, I have been told that as from next year sometime, people with a bus license will also automatically get a class 2 truck license (presumably to try and ease the shortfall in truck drivers), which opens up some other options.

Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - Will deBeast

I bought a new vehicle in late June. The V5C took exactly a month to come through.

If you're looking for a DVLA service which can be done online or by post, choose the online version - those seem to be operating very quickly.

Edited by Will deBeast on 23/09/2021 at 10:54

Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - Steveieb

With my over 75 licence renewal coming up I’ll lose my entitlement to driving vans over 3.5 tonnes and also trailers unless I take the same medical as for an HGV.

After reading this I think I will not bother and just lose the entitlement . Shame because my son has a 3.5 tonne Transit which I drive occasionally.

But does this rule apply to caravans and larger motor homes which must exceed this limit!

Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - badbusdriver

With my over 75 licence renewal coming up I’ll lose my entitlement to driving vans over 3.5 tonnes and also trailers unless I take the same medical as for an HGV.

After reading this I think I will not bother and just lose the entitlement . Shame because my son has a 3.5 tonne Transit which I drive occasionally.

But does this rule apply to caravans and larger motor homes which must exceed this limit!

I'm pretty sure on the form I filled in it said you don't have to send your license if being without it is what your concern is.

My medical cost about £130 or so including the eye test. The eye test itself is free (in Scotland anyway, not sure about England), but the optician charged about £20 to fill in the form, but that cost was deducted from the total cost of the medical.

The 'medical' (I use the term loosely!) consisted of being weighed, measured (including blood pressure) and giving a urine sample (all done by a nurse), then being sent to a Dr who asked some general health questions and filled in the form. Took about 20 minutes in total.

Honda motorcycle - DVLA delays - RichT54

I bought a new vehicle in late June. The V5C took exactly a month to come through.

If you're looking for a DVLA service which can be done online or by post, choose the online version - those seem to be operating very quickly.

I must have been lucky! When I bought my new Jazz on a Thursday in late July, the V5C came in the post the following Monday - that's just 4 days, including a weekend!