What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - Guitarspark

I had a new Hyundai Tucson delivered on Monday - it's leased on PCH over 4 years. I understand that for leased cars GAP insurance is worth investing in as it would cover payments should the car be written off. Are there any good insurers to go for? Do you have to have insurance from dealers or can you just shop around like with other insurances?

Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - _

www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-gap-insurance/

www.ala.co.uk/honestjohn/?utm_source=honestjohn.co...f

As in other replies, check if your insurance offers new for old in the first year.

Edited by _ORB_ on 08/09/2021 at 09:07

Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - Stumblebum

Definitely shop around. The Dealer's own insurance will include a hefty commission to the dealer.

We buy our cars outright (s/h) from savings, but I still get a 3rd party GAP policy for three years we write off car (as I may not have replenished the car replacement fund enough to cover balance between insurance payout and replacement car). My last policy was £70 for three years to replace a 7.5K car.

Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - RT

Check you car insurance - many policies offer new-for-old during the first 12 months so no point taking out GAP until then.

Thanks - I've had a quote from Ala at £280 ish. I looked on Martin Lewis' site and got a link to Click4Gap but that was about £700! Gapinsurance.co.uk are quoting me £135

Any one experience with Gapinsurance.co.uk?

Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - RT

Thanks - I've had a quote from Ala at £280 ish. I looked on Martin Lewis' site and got a link to Click4Gap but that was about £700! Gapinsurance.co.uk are quoting me £135

I used Gap Insurance when I bought my VW Touareg, I arranged cover from 13-60 months for £310 - but that was a £55,000 car. Not many would quote for over £30,000 cover AND not starting for 12 months but of those who did, Gap were about half the price.

I've no idea how good they are in the event of a claim though.

I used Gap Insurance when I bought my VW Touareg, I arranged cover from 13-60 months for £310 - but that was a £55,000 car. Not many would quote for over £30,000 cover AND not starting for 12 months but of those who did, Gap were about half the price.

I've no idea how good they are in the event of a claim though.

Thanks - their reviews are very good on both Feefo and Trust Pilot so they seem good. And much cheaper than others

Hyundai Tucson - GAP insurance - daveyjp

Considering the potential of a payout and the relatively low amounts paid per claim it comes under rip off territory for me.