What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - MrsN11
Hi I’m hoping someone can help me, so I had been doing my lessons up until a few months ago and I bought a car second hand to be honest I think I got ripped off but anyway I bought a black Nissan convertible reg YS06XDP it all works great it drives and the roof opens etc front left tyre just needs some air in but that’s all anyway while doing lessons I found out I’m expecting again but I’m having a very difficult and high risk pregnancy so I’ve put my lessons on hold so the car has just been sat in my drive a few weeks ago I went to go in to clean it because I thought I’d just try and sell it rather than it just being sat there but both my key fobs didn’t work I even got the metal bit out that’s inside the key but that didn’t work I tried to press the rubber bit in the handle at the same time as the key because that’s what did the trick the last time but that didn’t work so now I can’t get in the car at all I’m worried because the bloke said I need to do the roof now and then so it doesn’t cease up but I can’t get in to do it. Please can someone help me also I don’t suppose anyone knows roughly how much I could get if I sold. Thank you ??
Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - elekie&a/c doctor
If the car has been standing around for a few weeks, then I suspect the battery is flat . That’s why the locking isn’t working . As for the value of the car , I would say not a lot . Looking at the mot history, it would appear the car is suffering ongoing chassis corrosion , which makes these an uneconomic repair.
Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - badbusdriver

Without seeing it and having a good poke around, not really any way to say how much it is worth, but as said, not that much. MOT history isn't great, but it isn't terrible either, looks like there is an issue with rust around the rear axle mountings. Fortunately the MOT is valid till January, so not strictly necessary to deal with that if you just want a quick sale.

You definitely need the battery charged up, it may be the case that having someone take the car out for a decent run will suffice, and it sounds like it is badly needed anyway.

For getting it sold, I'd suggest We Buy Any Car or similar, especially if you want a quick sale.

Edited by badbusdriver on 01/09/2021 at 17:48

Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - Engineer Andy

Sounds like the K11 model problems (my old car built 1996) - significant underbody corrosion - were still there in the later K12 model the OP owns.

I palmed my car off to Motorpoint when I bought my Mazda3 from them in early 2006 and I got £450 PX for it - and that was with only one MOT advisory (corroding crossmember) after I'd had some rotted through bodywork replaced to get it to pass. After the costs for that and the service, I had about £100 leftover. I didn't bother getting thatcrossmember fixed fopr the same reason - I'd be out of pocket.

With that many advisories/minor items on the last MOT pass after getting three major issues repaired, I agree that the OP won't get that much for it, especially given what car (and specific sub-model) it is, even with second hand prices generally at an all time high due to the new stock problems associated with the pandemic.

Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - expat
If the car has been standing around for a few weeks, then I suspect the battery is flat . That’s why the locking isn’t working . As for the value of the car , I would say not a lot . Looking at the mot history, it would appear the car is suffering ongoing chassis corrosion , which makes these an uneconomic repair.

Get a friend or relative to try starting the car with jumper leads off their own car. Once it is going it needs a good run and that may be enough to charge the battery. Start it up and run it for a while at least once every couple of weeks. It isn't good for a car to leave it standing idle.

Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - RichT54

Is it possible to open the bonnet to jump start it without being able to open the door first?

Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - catsdad

If it’s the same as the hatchback you can carefully prise off the lock cover which is the rearmost part of the door handle. It may even have a small key logo on it. This then exposes the lock for use by the key manually.

Micra convertable- reg YS06XDP - Help with Nissan - RichT54

I thought the OP said they had tried the metal key out of the fob, but it hadn't worked?

even got the metal bit out that’s inside the key but that didn’t work I tried to press the rubber bit in the handle at the same time as the key because that’s what did the trick the last time but that didn’t work so now I can’t get in the car at all