What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 2010 - Headlights swiching themselves on - Poor Iris

I noticed the other day that my headlights are randomly coming on by themselves (switch is in off position) Ive also noticed a strange burning type of smell,which at first I thought was the exhaust having a hole in etc.but maybye I have a corroded.getting hot type connection problem,any ideas ? thanks.

Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 2010 - Headlights swiching themselves on - elekie&a/c doctor
Does this car have auto headlights ?

Not that Im aware of.Ive never seen them come on in over 4 years.

Get the cabin fuse box checked for any water ingress . It’s located in the passenger footwell , behind the glovebox.

Thanks for your reply,if I disconnect the module will it need reprogramming or does it retain all the settings,radio code,engine settings etc.?

No programming required if you disconnect the module . (Only if you replace it ) . I would suggest disconnect the battery before any work done . Radio will then need to be recoded .

Ok,that sounds great,Ive just been looking at a youtube video which shows the cleaning of plugs and sockets on this module.It looks like it can cause all sorts of problems! I will have a look and let you know how I get on,thank you so much for your help.

Sorted ! one of the large plugs had 3 pins that had corroded and had been hot enough to melt part of the plug and the socket causing them to be fused together,so removing the plug was quite difficult,the lever on the plug snapped off,but pulling the 2 white locking tabs and a bit of brute force,the plug came out.I hard wired 3 of the pins that had burned and cleaned all the others and it works ! Fab.thank you for pointing me in the right direction,best regards !