What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mazda 3 - Mazda recall in USA - groaver

www.autoevolution.com/news/mazda-recalls-261000-ol...l

I'm sure someone who posts here has a 3. Not sure if that age though.

North American recall for fragmentation of the steering wheel logo during airbag release.

Mazda 3 - Mazda recall in USA - bathtub tom

As we've had a couple of recalls for fragmentation of airbag bits, that have been replaced with airbags that cause fragmentation of bits, I'd suggest it's not much of a problem.

I had one recall on my previous car for the replacement of a passenger airbag that I ignored, on the basis I normally drove the alone, rarely sat in the passenger seat and after nine years it had never been triggered. I didn't want anyone removing and replacing a rattle free dashboard.

I had a recall on my current car for an airbag replacement. It was replaced with one with the same problem and guess what, the dash rattles!

Mazda 3 - Mazda recall in USA - Engineer Andy

According to the report, my car falls within the window (mine was built in Oct 2005), though I'm unsure if the recall only affects cars made for the US market or worldwide. I just checked the DVLA website (MOT checker) and it has no recall for my car at least - yet. I'll just have to wait and see.

Not sure I agree about the tone of the first paragarph of the magazine report, given that, aside from the diesel engines (which aren't Mazdas, but Ford-PSA back then, not the newer 2.2TD), the cars, especially the petrol-engined ones, have been increadibly reliable.

Thanks for the heads-up, groaver.

Mazda 3 - Mazda recall in USA - groaver

Ah! It was EA. Couldn't remember who may have had a car that was in the time period.

Maybe nothing else will be heard on DVLA.

The US appear quite litigious though perhaps rightly so here.

Mazda 3 - Mazda recall in USA - Engineer Andy

Ah! It was EA. Couldn't remember who may have had a car that was in the time period.

Maybe nothing else will be heard on DVLA.

The US appear quite litigious though perhaps rightly so here.

It might appear here. Given the numbers involved (if that report was just for the US), it could be worldwide. Shame, as yet my car hasn't had any recalls, mainly because it doesn't have the TEVEZ system (it's a Euro-spec car, not a UK spec one, even though its RHD) with no traction or stability control, which was the only recall on the (non-turbo) petrol models of the gen-1 car.

I wonder (assuming there is a recall) I can get a new steering wheel out of Mazda? :-)