What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - sammy1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9761025/Prince-Charles-takes-wheel-hydrogen-powered-car-week-long-trip-Wales.html

This article is in the DM on line if anyone is interested. PC visited a small H powered car maker. The car itself is very streamlined, not a looker in my view but it is a good start in the new tech.

Tried to copy/paste will not work but easily found

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - badbusdriver

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9761025/Prince-Charles-takes-wheel-hydrogen-powered-car-week-long-trip-Wales.html

This article is in the DM on line if anyone is interested. PC visited a small H powered car maker. The car itself is very streamlined, not a looker in my view but it is a good start in the new tech.

Tried to copy/paste will not work but easily found

I'm a big fan of the Riversimple Rasa, both the design and the thinking behind it. Been following the progress of the car via their mailing list for a couple of years now.

Problem is, the market for a very small, aerodynamic 2 seat car like this, geared for low running costs and low environmental impact rather than performance, is absolutely tiny. Much as I admire what they are trying to achieve, I really can't see them having any commercial success until they came up with a model lots of people will actually want. Sadly, in this day and age, that generally means an SUV. Though even something capable of being a family car (Golf or Polo sized) would give them a fighting chance.

The website is riversimple.com, if anyone is interested.

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - Warning

Most people who commute are only going on their own. Does having a bigger car make sense.

A small car makes sense. Even better if it is part of a car club....

I see potential....

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - sammy1

If a small independent can get Hydrogen to work and with a range of 300miles there is big hope for the future. They are also opening 2 stations where you can refuel. With a bit of luck or maybe common sense Hydrogen fuelling will be standardised not like the mismatch of EV charging we have at the moment

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - daveyjp

James May now has a Toyota Mirai. You can only buy one if you live near a hydrogen filling station. UK currently has just one outside of the south east.

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - misar

They have been discussing the Rasa over on PistonHeads for years (RiverSimple Rasa (hydrogen fuel cell) - Page 1 - EV and Alternative Fuels - PistonHeads UK)

I suggest reading the entire thread before getting too enthusiastic about this particular hydrogen car.

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - alan1302

James May now has a Toyota Mirai. You can only buy one if you live near a hydrogen filling station. UK currently has just one outside of the south east.

Not correct there is one in Swindon and one in NE Scotland!

Stations | UK H2Mobility

Edited by alan1302 on 07/07/2021 at 22:09

Rasa - Hydrogen Prince - badbusdriver

Not correct there is one in Swindon and one in NE Scotland!

Stations | UK H2Mobility

Yes, but are they open?. I ask because I watched a recent clip on YouTube with James May re his new Toyota Mirai. He was saying that there was only two (I think) hydrogen filling stations currently open, the rest are closed due to covid.

They have been discussing the Rasa over on PistonHeads for years (RiverSimple Rasa (hydrogen fuel cell) - Page 1 - EV and Alternative Fuels - PistonHeads UK)

I suggest reading the entire thread before getting too enthusiastic about this particular hydrogen car.

A bit of an eye opener!. But while I'm not going to comment on whether or nor Riversimple are just milking the money from grants/crowd funding etc, I do agree (on reflection) that for the Rasa's intended purpose, being a purely battery EV would seem to make more sense than a fuel cell. Its lightness and aerodynamics means that a fairly small motor and battery is all that would be needed.