What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - Susie9876
My current much-loved Honda FRV 2.2CDTI is just about dead, sadly not cost effective to repair.
Mileage 5k per year, budget £6-9k. Not bothered about make, running costs and reliability more important
Any suggestions please
Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - badbusdriver

For 5 adults I'd be looking at a Mondeo sized car, ideally petrol (because of your low annual mileage). I'd be looking at (in no particular order): Ford Mondeo, Toyota Avensis, Skoda Octavia/Superb, Mazda 6.

Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - Steveieb
Sorry to hear that Susie.
The FRV will be such a hard act to follow. It's unique 5 seats and high seating position are brilliant IMHO
Surely the car can be repaired .
A Mondeo is no replacement for the Honda.
Can you let us know why you consider it a write off.
Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - Metropolis.
How about another FR-V?

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:
www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106053509774
Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - badbusdriver

The FRV will be such a hard act to follow. It's unique 5 seats and high seating position are brilliant IMHO

Surely the car can be repaired .

The FR-V has 6 seats not 5, and while that made it unusual, it isn't unique. The Fiat Multiple got there first in an arguably better package (because the seats were all the same size).

A Mondeo is no replacement for the Honda.

I said Ford Mondeo sized, not specifically a Mondeo, because 5 adults will require luggage space for 5 adults. The boot in the FR-V might have a decent capacity for a car of that dimensions, but if all 5 were going away for a week somewhere, its doubtful everything would fit.

And anyway, while a Mondeo might lack the ultimate reliability of a Honda or Toyota, with a petrol engine and manual gearbox, there is little to worry about.

Found this Skoda Superb on Autotrader. All the space you'll ever need, decent economy and reliability, not to mention being 7 years younger than the youngest replacement FR-V would be. 202009304423005

Edited by badbusdriver on 05/07/2021 at 20:35

Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - Bromptonaut

The Citroen Berlingo and it's Peugeot and Vauxhall badge mates have three proper seats in the rear.

Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - RT

It depends just how big the adults are - my VW Touareg has just over 1500mm rear shoulder room, enough for 3 slim adults but not for anyone beefier - and most cars are less than 1500mm internally.

Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - Archie35

What happened to your FRV (out of curiosity only, as I have exactly the same model, which so far [touch wood] has been nigh-on faultless)?

Suggestions for 5 adult car; please - SLO76
Where roughly in the country will you be looking? Give me a rough search area and I’ll look up some worthy cars local to you.