What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki - Car Signwriting - Geoff Dude

I purchased Rias Car insurance based on Truspilot Reviews as good customer care is important to me. I contacted Rias to let them know that my car which is insured for Business use as well as Private has been Sign Written with my cleaning company name, telephone number and SafeContractor Logo. I understand that Insurers class this as a vehicle modification so wanted to let them know ASAP. I was informed that this was ok providing it does not cover more than 25% of the car. I questioned whether this is the whole door including the glass and whether the percentage includes for both sides as there stipulation lacked clarification and they did not know. I felt that in my case it did cover more than 25% and said that it was greater than this but tastefully done and not covering any glass. The advisor contacted the Insurer direct who then promised to contact me and said it should not be a problem as it is to stop none business owners covering the vehicles with stickers. I asked if I am still insured to drive the vehicle whilst this is being looked into and was told yes no problem and that they would ring me back shortly with a reply. I have not been contacted and I am not happy with how this matter has been left. I contacted you in good faith and feel let down that no one case contacted me. As a self employed person who takes Customer Care Seriously I feel as if this matter could have been rectified by simply following up on a customer query. I then received a reply from Rias on Trustpilot asking me to contact their Customer Service Team, which I did immediately, even though they had my phone number and promised to phone me back. Explained the situation to a Rias Customer Service Advisor only to be told that my car insurance is currently declined if I kept the Signwriting on my car. So I have been driving around for a full week with a question mark over whether my insurance is valid, even though I was informed that I was insured. Diabolical company with terrible customer care based on my experience. Spoke to Swinton Insurance immediately following my phone call with Rias, and cover with Swinton for a car with Signwriting is not a problem with them, so instantly took cover with them and cancelled my cover with Rias. Never again and so annoyed with Rias. So if you have Signwriting or get your car wrapped don’t automatically assume that your insurance company will cover you.

[slight edit to text in italics, moderator]

Edited by Xileno on 10/06/2021 at 16:08

Suzuki - Car Signwriting - SLO76
Never even heard of the firm but it’s good to see someone being diligent enough to check their cover. I’ll wager most people in similar circumstances haven’t bothered checking.