What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Protests in Spain due to Nissan closure - Warning

New protests erupt in Spain over Nissan closure as carmaker shifts focus to Brexit Britain

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1436518/Brexit-news-N...n

Anyone have any context? Is this a Brexit dividend?

Protests in Spain due to Nissan closure - daveyjp

This was announced over 12 months ago. Its a car company reducing output and the most expensive plant to upgrade gets closed.

Remember Ford closing Southampton? Same issue.

Protests in Spain due to Nissan closure - SLO76
Makes me wish the built a car today that I could either buy or recommend. I have owned numerous UK built Japanese cars over the years, all over f them were great and all of f them preserved and attracted employment in the UK. Sadly I don’t rate their Renault based products and that is a shame as I’d hoped with a dose of rational thought the amalgamated firm would’ve combined Nissan’s mechanical reliability and dynamic flair (from the 90’s) with Renaults comfort and style. Sadly we just got less stylish Renaults with a Nissan badge.

Examples I’ve owned.

1996 -N Nissan Primera 1.6 LX 5dr - Bought at 3yrs old and never a problem had. It drove great with only the slightly firm ride being a negative.

2002 - 52 Honda Accord 1.8 VTEC S 4dr - Faultless and a good drive.

2003 - 54 Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC S 5dr - Bought for them girlfriend. Brilliant little car that never went wrong. Sold after 3yrs for £500 less than I bought it for.

2014 - 64 Honda CRV 1.6 DTEC SE-T - Contract lease at a very discounted rate. Good big car, outstanding on fuel, very practical and more comfortable than the much higher spec Volvo XC60 we have now.

2010 - 60 Toyota Avensis 1.8 VVT Estate - Bargain family car bought to replace above when I got sick of paying a monthly payment. Paid £4150 almost 3yrs ago and it’s utterly reliable and near immaculate. I’ve every confidence I’d get £3k back on it today I bother in a private sale. It’s now our second car and doing little mileage but it’s too useful to get rid of. I’m a keen mountain biker so it’s great for carrying the bike without forking out for a carrier.

I’m patriotic but there’s depressingly few cars I’d buy that are made here today other than the Toyota Corolla.
Protests in Spain due to Nissan closure - Lee Power

The 2 litre hybrid Corolla hatch back is on my test drive list for later in the year, the fact its built in the UK is an added bonus.

As for Nissan, great there building vehicles here in the UK but there still to involved with Renault for me to even consider.

Protests in Spain due to Nissan closure - Xileno

Can we keep this forum to motoring please. Vaccines (and especially Brexit if people must, personally I think it's been done to death) in the General/non-motoring forum.

Thanks, moderator