What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta 1.4 zetec climate - Fiesta 2005 airbag light on. - Matthew Broomfield

Ford fiesta 2005 1.4 zetec climate 5dr.

Airbag light was flashing 3 times, pause then 4 times and gap then started again.

I have checked that the passengers plug for seat belt pretensioner and it has already been removed and wired straight though, the driver seat has no pretensioner with no wiring to be found(is this correct), I have also checked the earth near the airbag control unit.

The light is now on constantly. Is there an earth that I am missing? any help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Matthew Broomfield on 10/05/2021 at 16:12

Ford fiesta 1.4 zetec climate - Fiesta 2005 airbag light on. - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find both seats have belt pre tensioners . Has it had different seats fitted at some point ? Popular mod for the “ go faster lads”
Ford fiesta 1.4 zetec climate - Fiesta 2005 airbag light on. - Matthew Broomfield

Thanks for the reply, it's a standard seat, I have also looked for the wiring loom but I can't find it, I will start to strip the interior To see if I can find it.

I have now found that there is no wiring coming out of the loom, I have traced the passenger side back to the loom that run under the kick plate for the passenger door, no signs of any tampering with driver's side.

If the problem is sorted do these cars reset them selves or do you need them plugged in? Thanks

Ford fiesta 1.4 zetec climate - Fiesta 2005 airbag light on. - elekie&a/c doctor
Once the problem is fixed, the system will self reset . No diagnostic equipment needed.