What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any experience of Chips Away? - Alexander Man
Has anyone had their car paintwork repaired by 'Chips Away' (or by any similar company) recently?

I've got a badly scuffed door mirror (flaked a bit and cracked on the paint) and thought it might be a cheaper option than resparaying it professionally.
Re: Any experience of Chips Away? - pipmeldrew
Yes and I would recommend you try Bak 2 Nu instead. More reliable, better value and excellent results. Look on their Web-site www.bak2nu.co.uk and check them out.
Re: Any experience of Chips Away? - David Woollard
I watched one of their (Chips Away) operators in Cambs doing a Focus door while I MOTd a customer,s car at the local garage.

The result was good from a clean, well equipped, operator/van. Good enough for me to request some business cards to pass onto customers with small blemishes.

David
Re: Any experience of Chips Away? - richard price
A national windscreen replacement company managed to damage the windscreen surrround of my 2 year old renault scenic. Chips Away was instructed by the company to carry out the repair, I believe they are a francise, this particular one who covers the bognor regis area was proficient and the damage has disappeared.
Re- Blemishes - steve paterson
David Woollard says that some of his customers have small blemishes. Some of ours are really ugly !
Customer profile. - David Woollard
Steve,

Many of my customers are thirtysomething girls. It follows that blemishes are small and hardly noticed.

David
Re: Customer profile. - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
Where are you, David. I am on the way !!

Adam
Re: Customer profile. - John Slaughter
Wish mine were! I'd overlook the odd blemish.

regards

John