What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
VED (aka 'tax disc') - Martin Wall
When looking at the web site:

www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk//ved_calculator.asp

to see what the rate of duty for new cars is I notived they refer to 'Euro Standard III and IV' - how can you tell which your car falls in?

thanks
Re: VED (aka 'tax disc') - chris watson
an earlier question had one person giving a website for what rates will be on different cars. but i cant remember which one, sorry.
Re: VED (aka 'tax disc') - Martin Wall
..bad form to reply to my own post but I have an additional question:

Regular drivers need a VED disc on their cars but motor dealers/traders don't for cars that they have in stock -yes?

What's the law on this - do motor traders have an exemption - just wondering...

thanks again.
Re: VED (aka 'tax disc') - Stuart B
Martin,
No shame in multiple posts, we have all been there, clicked the button and immediately thought ******!

you were on the right site to get the info,

If you enter the database from www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/ and click on search and then search on your car it tells you whether it meets Euro III or IV.

this URL might work

www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search_form_basic.asp

also I think if you go back nearer the home page of the VCA site you can order a booklet.
Re: VED (aka 'tax disc') - Andy Bairsto
Because the uk does not comply with the eu directive on emission control they really do not mean alot in the uk .A car with euro4 or d4 even a porsche will have from 20months free road tax and upto 5 years free road tax for a corsa for eg.Even the clean diesels attract extremely high tax but then the fuel is 50% cheaper.The base rate in Germany when you do have to pay is 12dm for every 100cc upto 48dm for a old diesel trucks.Vehicles such as discos are taxed as commercial at 373dm per year .Once again the British motorist is ripped off