What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - ben100
My rear passenger footwell in my 06 focus is wet. Every other footwell seems dry just that one that is wet, any ideas?
Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - elekie&a/c doctor
Have you checked the spare wheel well and boot area for any water ingress?
Thinking it may be rear light cluster going to whack some sealant around the screw holes see if that sorts it.
Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - Andrew-T

Does the water get in via a faulty membrane in the adjacent door ? Any water on the sill between door and footwell ?

No nothing at all coming in through the door sprayed it with a hose not even a drop coming through.
Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - Xileno

On our 2007 model water was getting into the boot and onto the passenger seat. If this went unresolved then I can foresee it getting into the footwell.

There are a number of leaks on these MK2s. The light clusters is one. Another is the boot hinges. On ours it was getting in where the inner and outer panels are joined on the roof, underneath that black roof strip. So using a wide and long screwdriver. carefully prise the rubber strip up a good six inches from the tailgate end. It will be well glued down. Then you will see where the panels join and the mastic has deteriorated. I used some black gutter mastic in the join, which also served to stick the rubber strip back down again.

Edited by Xileno on 18/02/2021 at 12:57

As for that black roof strip how much should I lift, the whole strip or just part of it at the back?
Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - Xileno

Sorry, only just seen your message. You don't want to lift the whole strip - infact it's extremely well glued down. Just use a long, strong screwdriver and lift the first six inches max from the tailgate end. You will then see the where the inner and outer panels join and usually the mastic has degraded.

You will probably need to weigh the strip down when you stick it back as when you prise it up, the shape will distort slightly.

Edited by Xileno on 01/03/2021 at 11:32

Ford Focus - Wet rear passenger footwell? - Andrew-T
No nothing at all coming in through the door sprayed it with a hose not even a drop coming through.

I've just had a long-standing water problem cured on my Pug 207SW, which has roof rails, which I suspected as a possible entry point. The water collected under the carpet in the nearside rear footwell. It turned out that the roof rails could not let in water as they were attached to bolts built into the roof. The culprit was apparently one of the grommets taking the electrical connection to the tailgate, which had been removed and replaced at some earlier date. So check those.