What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - OceanMan

I've been looking for something like this to keep in the boot, and this, with the sale seems to be the cheapest I can find online. I've never heard of Audew but I've googled it and read a couple of positive reviews of this products. Would buying one be a good idea or shoi invest a bit more in a more expensive one?

m.audew.com/Audew-1000A-Peak-10800mAh-12V-Car-Jump...E

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - _

I had one a few years back, as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Save your money and use a solar trickle charger and make sure your battery is holding the current well,if not replace.

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - joegrundy

I've had a cheapo unknown brand one of these for several years. Over that time I've used it half a dozen times to start cars (up to 2.0 petrol) and it worked every time. Depends, I suppose on how much juice is left in the car battery. Also useful as a power bank to charge laptop, phone, etc. Can be charged from the cigarette lighter socket.

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - elekie&a/c doctor

The only time you will know if it's any good ,is when it won't start your car. I have a Noco gb 70 . Twice the price , but yet to find anything it won't get going.

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - Avant

Very useful advice - thanks, Elekie. These could be a useful thing to have in the boot if you drive an EV, PHEV or hybrid, where there seems to be more of a risk of the auxiliary 12v battery running down than with ICE cars.

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - nigel ingoldby

yes i bought one after review from project farm review on you tube aka it was best of the rest

ive tried several times its amazing started first time every time had it 2 years used 6 times and battery stays charged in boot of the car for months

b4 i buy anything i check reviews on you tube but hey thats me

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - gary trafford
Do you know where I can buy one
Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - BPL

Tried it on a flat battery due to ghost drain. Didn't even turn the engine over. It was reqgularly fully charged. I now use a solar charger via the live fag lighter socket.

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - edlithgow

The Project Farm dooode with the extremely annoying voice has

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

To save you some extreme annoyance, it came out top.

The NOCO GB40 and Harbor Freight Viking, (The latter wont be available in The Yook, at least under that name), came out bottom. The NOCO is probably a smaller capacity than the one mentioned above, and was likely underpowered, especially in the context of your average American engine.

Not a rigorously standardised test, but at least he's stopped wrecking engines for a redneck laugh. Still seems to use the words "volts" and "amps" interchangeably though.

Of course its a one-off test of one example. It tells you nothing about durability or how much they vary due to quality control tolerances, but it probably tells you a bit more than anecdotal experience under hugely variable and non-comparative conditions.

There was a super-capacitor model tested which might be a good choice for durability, though it was bulky and struggled in some of the tests.

Edited by edlithgow on 09/01/2021 at 05:30

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - MVP

I bought a CAT jumpstarter / compressor from Costco a couple of years ago.

My E Type 4.2 had a flat battery last week. Connected it and left it for five minutes, the car started straight away. I was quite surprised how powerful it was.

Edited by MVP on 25/12/2021 at 10:16

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - MVP

I bought a CAT jumpstarter / compressor from Costco a couple of years ago.

My E Type 4.2 had a flat battery last week. Connected it and left it for five minutes, the car started straight away. I was quite surprised how powerful it was.

Edited by MVP on 26/12/2021 at 11:18

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - gary trafford
Does any one know where I can buy Audew jump starter
Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - _
Does any one know where I can buy Audew jump starter

Google is your friend, lots of adverts come up....

Has anyone tried an Audew jump starter? - KB.

Having decided to keep a charger inh the boot in case of a flat battery I did my research

and decided upon one of these in the boot of both cars :-

www.mobilesolarchargers.co.uk/shop/details/overlan...r

Have had them less than a year and since owning them I've given two neighbours an immediate start, one a diesel Insignia and one a motorbike both with completely flat batteries.

I bought two of the accessory LED flexi lights that plug into the unit too - quite a handy little thing that would be useful in the event of, say, a puncture at night and cost just a few pounds and sit neatly in the (stoutly made) carry case that comes with the charger

There are others available, like the one the OP asks about and like the NOCO ones. Machine Mart do them, Halfords do them, loads of places do them but after speaking to the fella that sells them on the phone and having looked into all the options I made my decision and am happy to have done so. No waiting for the breakdown people or fiddling with jump leads - and that's assuming someone will give you a jump start ... I would''t want to risk using jump leads any more given the horror stories that abound regarding blown electronics.... but that's just my own view, others will see things differently.