What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz 08 - Electric Window - chalky

Hi my drivers window stops halfway on going up then when I try again it’ll go up an inch and and drop down a little bit. Opening the door and shutting it again usually fixes it.

It is a intermittent fault and can work well for days

What is causing this, any advice appreciated?

Thanks

Adam

Honda Jazz 08 - Electric Window - Surreydriver

It might be electrical obviously, but try silicon spray ( car accessory shops are supposed to still be open) in the channels that the glass runs in. I had this problem ( 2004 Jazz) and an annual clean/spray has prevented it returning.

Honda Jazz 08 - Electric Window - elekie&a/c doctor

I guess your car has "auto" function for the driver window. In which case it will have an anti trap feature for the glass. When going up, if any excess resistance is felt , the motor will reverse slightly and drop the glass a little. As already suggested ,lubricate the channels . it may also be that the rubber channel has deteriorated and causing excess friction.

Honda Jazz 08 - Electric Window - Andrew-T

If you can 'help' the window on its way by hand, the problem is probably sticky channels, as suggested. If not, it sounds more like a wiring fault in the door harness, probably where it enters the A-pillar. Common problem on Peugeots, don't know about Hondas .... :-)

Honda Jazz 08 - Electric Window - slaviagomes

I am trying to automat9apps.ooo/e my casement windows. I have been looking at the KS30/40 and the ACK4. Has anyone tried these and had any success?https://solitaire.onl/