Mazda 3 - Thermostat choices and cooling fan - David Picknell

Hi everyone, I've just recently got a 2006 Mazda 3, 2.0 sport, and wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me.
The coolant temp is only running at an average of 56°c, so I know I have to change the thermostat which I plan on doing at the weekend.
I can't seem to find much info on this car though despite there being so many out there.
I think the correct opening temp of the stock thermostat is 82°c, but 89°c is available too, wondering if this was a revision or is it available for some other reason ?
And should it be the one with the plastic prongs on the sides of the stat or not, I've heard there was a revision at some point but don't know what it was, temperature? or design? or both ?
I've just phoned the local dealer and he couldn't tell me what the opening temp was, only that he could order one from UK stock and that it would be £91

I'd also like to know at what temp should the radiator fan kick in and back out again if anyone knows, just so I can test it once I've changed the thermostat.

Mazda 3 - Thermostat choices and cooling fan - elekie&a/c doctor

I believe this model is based on a Focus with the 2.0 Mazda/Ford duratec engine. The stat is part of a plastic housing which is replaced as a complete unit. Non genuine parts are available for around £60. Not sure on opening temp, but stick with standard part. I would think the fan is 2 speed or multi speed and probably cuts in around 102-105 c.